HTC 8X screen weakness

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I own a 8X for 4 months now. The first time I helt it in my hands and used the screen I instantly noticed that the screen is the weakest touchscreen I ever touched. The resolution and color is great. But when you touch it, especially at the edges, you can see the screen image is deforming and whatsoever.
I am really scared that I'm getting dead pixels or light distortions or something like that. I also noticed that the 'gorilla glass 2' is a big baloney, I got few scratches only from my jean pockets. Probably the metal pins but it isn't supposed to scratch from a jean.
Has anyone else noticed the weakness of the screen?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x also. I have noticed very minor scratches. Only noticeable at a certain angle. But I didn't notice the screen deforming until I pressed down somewhat hard on the edge. I don't ever notice it and not sure why anyone would press that hard, the touch screen is really responsive. Also I don't touch the edges of my phone very often. But that's my personal case.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x also. I have noticed very minor scratches. Only noticeable at a certain angle. But I didn't notice the screen deforming until I pressed down somewhat hard on the edge. I don't ever notice it and not sure why anyone would press that hard, the touch screen is really responsive. Also I don't touch the edges of my phone very often. But that's my personal case.

But that's the problem, i don't have to press that hard to see it. You are correct that you don't see it when you're normally use it, but you can feel the looseness of the screen...

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
We've had some threads on this before. HTC used a process last year in which the LCD is fused to the glass. Unfortunately, HTC's didn't seem to master this, which caused LCD rippling on the 8x and One X when pressed on the edges.

For what its worth, Apples iPod touch does it now too, but requires a bit more pressure. Not a huge deal because nobody should be pushing on the edges of their displays in the first place.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped my baby a few times, and usually on the corners.. :-o. No breaks. Even left it in my back pocket and sat on it, more than 5 times.
However, I am looking at getting a custom case from Gibbage, a member here on WPC. Its going to be brass with my own design, logo, and maybe a few extras I'm working on.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
We've had some threads on this before. HTC used a process last year in which the LCD is fused to the glass. Unfortunately, HTC's didn't seem to master this, which caused LCD rippling on the 8x and One X when pressed on the edges.

For what its worth, Apples iPod touch does it now too, but requires a bit more pressure. Not a huge deal because nobody should be pushing on the edges of their displays in the first place.

that was the word I was seeking for, rippling!
As long as my screen doesn't develop any major problems i am okay with it. Just wanted to know if every 8x has this issue. Thanks for the info!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Update on my screen. The screen of the device now has 2 spots where the light is a sort of 'leaking'. When the screen is white, you can clearly see them, luckily not at a black screen. I was already afraid of dead pixels or other problems and this isn't really helping :|

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I too feel that GG2 is complete rubbish. I got a long, visible scratch the first day I got my device from my empty front jeans pocket. My Omnia 7 just has "hardened glass" and it never scratched this bad.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I know, that GG2 label is complete bullcrap. It scratches easier then some older or cheaper devices. And I already hate screen protectors and on the 8X it isn't even working properly due the curved edges. But the scratches aren't my main concern. The weakness is just outstanding. I have the device since November and I already have light spots in the screen. Not to visible but for a person with eye for detail like me it really annoys the hell out of me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre