1. Kayleigh Fry's Avatar
    Any tips on how to fix or draw the water out of the phone?
    03-11-2013 11:11 AM
  2. jaj324's Avatar
    Completey submerge it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Leave it for about 2 days.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    03-11-2013 11:16 AM
  3. Kayleigh Fry's Avatar
    Does this work? i have had it in the airing cupboard over night, but no luck, lol
    03-11-2013 11:19 AM
  4. berty6294's Avatar
    As long as it has not been turned on, if you leave it submerged in rice you have a great chance for survival. The longer you leave it in the better chance of survival. I would do at least 3 days.
    03-11-2013 11:22 AM
  5. Kayleigh Fry's Avatar
    It has been turned on sice the damage!!!! i had it in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours then it turned on... now it wont turn on properly.... just get the htc screen
    Last edited by Kayleigh Fry; 03-11-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spellin mistake
    03-11-2013 11:40 AM
  6. berty6294's Avatar
    It has been turned on sice the damage!!!! i had it in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours then it turned on... now it wont turn on properly.... just get the htc screen
    Oh no. That's not very good! I don't think you waited long enough. Turn it off and leave it in rice for a few days and then try again.
    03-11-2013 11:50 AM
  7. juanitoriv's Avatar
    That's the old school "Phone in the Toilet" trick. The rice helps to wick out the moisture. Seriously, leave it a few days.
    03-16-2013 04:17 AM
  8. njblackberry's Avatar
    But once it has been turned on, more damage generally occurs.
    You can try the rice in a bowl (or bag) - remove the SIM card - but it may be ruined.
    03-19-2013 03:40 PM
  9. peacefulberry's Avatar
    I once saved my laptop from water damage by using a fan. First I removed the battery (in your case the battery and SIM card). Then, I propped it open vertically, and turned the fan on high for at least 24 hours. Afterwards, it dried completely and its been working every since. There are many risks of water damaging an electronic device: short circuiting, electrocution, but also rusting out internal components (something alot of ppl forget.) I would definitely put it in front of a fan. Whatever you do, don't put it in a dryer or microwave! I know it sounds crazy, but some ppl don't know how dangerous that is. Anyway, pls don't plug it up until at least waiting 2-3 days. Pls be careful and hope it works out for you. :)
    03-19-2013 04:02 PM
  10. Traci Dempsey's Avatar
    I have recently done the very same with my Windows 8x phone! Submerged into the toilet! Has this worked out? Is there any hope? I have turned mine on and it only gets the logo screen, then just starts flashing white and constant low vibrate.....
    04-04-2013 02:00 PM
  11. berty6294's Avatar
    I have recently done the very same with my Windows 8x phone! Submerged into the toilet! Has this worked out? Is there any hope? I have turned mine on and it only gets the logo screen, then just starts flashing white and constant low vibrate.....
    There's always a chance it will fix it. I can't stress enough, if your electronic has gotten wet, DO NOT TURN IT ON! There's like a 95% chance you've killed it after that! Rice it for a few days, hopefully it turns on after that!
    04-04-2013 02:05 PM
  12. Microsoftjunkie's Avatar
    Yes place in a jar of rice, and let it sit for at least two days. Then charge and cut on.
    04-05-2013 10:11 AM
  13. Ben Collins2's Avatar
    My 8x got wet yesterday (Saturday) at 10am. I knew the rice trick and got it into a Tupperware of rice ASAP. This evening (Sunday) I turned it on, all functionality is there. I received my emails and messages...........but battery was at critically low, which it shouldn't be with no use, and when I plug it in to charge it looks ok, but I get a red and green alternating flashing light, and the battery doesn't seen to be charging.

    Any advice on what the alternating lights mean, and do you think it's still water in there stopping it charging.


    Cheers
    06-16-2013 03:01 PM
  14. Nathaniel Johnson's Avatar
    I have a HTC 8x and I got caught in the rain but right after this happened my phone start turning itself on and off over and over until it died and now it won't charge so I can't turn it on at all and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it so please someone, anyone please help me.
    12-15-2013 04:37 PM
  15. arb21's Avatar
    Same problem. Got caught in the rain, it was fine at first but now it keeps turning off and on regardless of if I try to turn it off. Any fixes?
    04-30-2014 04:39 AM
  16. peacefulberry's Avatar
    Same problem. Got caught in the rain, it was fine at first but now it keeps turning off and on regardless of if I try to turn it off. Any fixes?
    I have recovered several water damaged electronics by immediately putting it in front of a fan on high. I leave the fan on for at least 8 hours, but for a phone 4 hours will probably be enough. This has always worked for my laptops. I didn't try rice, alcohol, etc because the faster it dries the better chance it has of surviving. Hope this helps. :)
    04-30-2014 11:25 AM
  17. Michaela Edwards's Avatar
    I dropped my phone in the bath tub but I dried it off with a towel immediately and thought it was fine. I continued to play on it and I even charged it but a couple hours later it started turning off and on only showing the htc logo and vibrating every time it would come back on. I still haven't done anything to it other than letting it sit and it has been sitting for about a week. But I tried to charge it again and it continued to do the same turning on and off. I don't know what to do. Should I try putting it in rice or is it too late? It's been almost a week since it got wet.
    12-20-2014 07:46 PM
  18. Hamza Qureshi1's Avatar
    keep it in sunlight for several hours,and after it try to dry it using a hair drier
    03-03-2015 05:35 AM
  19. Hamza Qureshi1's Avatar
    water droped on my 8x, i dried it now it is working but vibration donot activate either on someone is calling or when i press keys BACK,WINDOWS KEY OR SEARCH KEY,and there are water vapours on camera how can i make them dry when i open camera it looks blured ,can anybody please help me please!
    03-03-2015 05:43 AM
  20. Hamza Qureshi1's Avatar
    hey can u tell me!after droping water on my 8x i keep it in sunlight and dried it out by a hair drier,now it works but vibration donot works even on calls and while pressing keys it also get vapours on camera screen hence making blured photos how can i dry it out........please help me
    03-03-2015 05:49 AM
  21. xandros9's Avatar
    So you got your phone wet... what can you do to try and save it? | Android Forums

    This is an excellent source, however it appears time has passed since the incident and you may not have waited long enough or dried it out sufficiently. Permanent damage may have occurred - and honestly I think its lucky that's all it broke. I had a friend with the LED flash of his iPhone stuck on after an aquatic incident.
    03-03-2015 11:26 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Water Damage Indicator Location
    By sdreamer in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 07:21 AM
  2. I may have water damage. How do I turn it off?
    By Hector1van in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  3. Water Damaged 900... What are my Options?
    By EvanKr in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. Recovering pics from water-damaged 900
    By Ryan_Dorrell in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM
  5. Water Damage Indicator Sticker
    By m_kock in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD