07-29-2014 05:41 PM
102 12345
tools
    what brand is it?
    03-23-2013 11:02 PM
    I was wondering if there is any good quality, clear and transparent case for the 8x. i'd like to keep the great look of the blue intact and not hidden!
    03-23-2013 11:04 PM
    I have a diztronic matte black on my 8x and I love it. It feels/looks great on the phone giving it necessary bulk while still maintaining its thin feel. It's hard rubber, so it feels firm on the phone and properly protects it from a drop. I have dropped my phone about five times since getting this case and it has been fine thanks to the case. However, the greatest thing about this case, for me at least, is that the front gives the screen some elevation so that when the phone is faced down, the screen does not actually touch the surface it is on. You would be surprised how much of a difference that makes... I once dropped my phone from my pocket and it landed faced down on my wooden floor leaving not even a scratch on the screen. Still, you will want a screen protector for extra shielding. The only thing that can kind of get annoying is that sometimes dust or dirt can accumulate on the edges of the case, but I'm pretty sure every phone case is like that. You just have to take off the case every once in a while and blow off the dust, no big deal. I love this case. Anyways, here it is: Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case Windows Phone 8 Cover for HTC 8x on eBay!
    Last edited by Andre Heizer; 03-23-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: mis-spelled some words
    03-23-2013 11:28 PM
    what is using the power button like with the diztronic matte black? I got a generic black case for mine and while I like the protection it makes using the power button way harder. The HTC case make using the button actually easier but I am looking for a black case with a lip around like the screen like you mentioned with the diztronic matte black.
    03-24-2013 06:23 PM
    I have the Doubleshot case too. Since my phone is blue, it looks as if the phone doesn't have a case. I am looking around for a replacement though, as I want more pronounced buttons :D I have my eye on the Body Glove Diamond Shell case.
    03-25-2013 09:35 PM
    ^So you would all recommend the HTC doubleshot case? I wonder how would it look with my black 8x. Anyway, I can't really make up my mind because the doubleshot definitely makes sure your 8x stays noticeable with its aesthetics and htc logo LOL. But in terms of protection of the phone I feel that those from incipio, nilkkin or otter are much better overall cases. Since I'm on a budget, I plan of purchasing only one so any suggestions from those who already bought doubleshot or one of the others?

Also, are screen protectors from htc the best fitting ones for 8x?

tnx in advance for your responses
    04-01-2013 05:28 PM
    With the HTC case on you don't see any of the black so your phone looks blue. The only thing that would distinguish it from the Blue 8x would be that the ear speaker is black instead of blue. The HTC case makes finding and pressing the power putting easier but does not have a raised lip like on some cases so it won't offer as much screen protection. I have tried three cases so far and like the HTC one the best.

^So you would all recommend the HTC doubleshot case? I wonder how would it look with my black 8x. Anyway, I can't really make up my mind because the doubleshot definitely makes sure your 8x stays noticeable with its aesthetics and htc logo LOL. But in terms of protection of the phone I feel that those from incipio, nilkkin or otter are much better overall cases. Since I'm on a budget, I plan of purchasing only one so any suggestions from those who already bought doubleshot or one of the others?

04-02-2013 03:10 PM
    With the HTC case on you don't see any of the black so your phone looks blue. The only thing that would distinguish it from the Blue 8x would be that the ear speaker is black instead of blue. The HTC case makes finding and pressing the power putting easier but does not have a raised lip like on some cases so it won't offer as much screen protection. I have tried three cases so far and like the HTC one the best.
    +1

Had the HTC case for a few weeks.
    Fantastic piece of kit. Makes the phone look even better Imo.
    04-04-2013 05:33 PM
    Has anyone found that on the Incipio Dual Pro, the rubber inner layer gets soft and a little loose around the phone? Around the edge of the screen, it is not as tight as it was when new and I really couldn't recommend it if they all are like that.
    04-07-2013 01:03 PM

I highly recommend the Doublehot Hard Case by HTC. It is, in my opinion, the best looking case for the 8X. It's also one of the fittest and slimmest along with the Incipio Feather.
    You can look at the pictures I posted of the Doubleshot with my black 8X in this review I wrote: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...ck-review.html

Has anyone found that on the Incipio Dual Pro, the rubber inner layer gets soft and a little loose around the phone? Around the edge of the screen, it is not as tight as it was when new and I really couldn't recommend it if they all are like that.
    I have one in black and I haven't noticed the edges of the rubber frame to get loose. They were a little loose since new but I didn't see it as a concern an this rubber skin fits exactly like the first day. I don't use it everyday because I exchange it with the Incipio Feather and the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC.

It certainly would be a concern if all loose a little fit on the screen edges, though. If I see this on mine, I will post about it.
    04-08-2013 09:12 AM
    04-10-2013 06:36 AM
    I'm using the official one from HTC, I can highly recommend it, fits the phone perfectly without any movement the best case i have bought so far
    04-10-2013 11:58 AM
    I was wondering if there is any good quality, clear and transparent case for the 8x. i'd like to keep the great look of the blue intact and not hidden!
    Clear Hard Case

I ordered that one for the same reasons. I'll post back here in a few when I receive it.

Also saw the Cimo S Line Flexible Cover . I might give that a whirl next if the first one isn't great, but in picture this one doesn't look like it's absolutely clear like I want it. It may just be the angle of how they shot the picture though.
    04-11-2013 09:25 AM
    I got my clear case yesterday in the mail. I don't think anything looks better than no case, but I really like this one a lot. Sorry about the image quality. I took the pictures with an old LG Optimus V.

backhtc.pngfronthtc.png
    04-14-2013 05:36 PM
    Nillkin Case for HTC 8X

Nillkin Leather Case

ROCK Case
    Last edited by maxxboxx; 04-19-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    04-17-2013 10:38 PM
    That's nice. I like how it covers the power button. I went with an Otterbox for that reason, but yours is sharp!
    04-18-2013 09:20 PM
    Otter Box Defender here. I am rough on my gear, so this thing keeps my phone safe. Looks good, holster clips to molle attachment on shoulder strap of backpack.
    04-19-2013 01:17 PM
    I am hell on a phone. So I ended up buying the Ballistic SG MAXX for my 8x. I'm very happy with the case. It doesn't hinder any function on the phone and the protection is amazing. I work as a pipe welder and have my phone on me everyday, but with this case you would think my phone never left the box. Highly recommended.
    04-24-2013 11:19 PM
    I just got my shipment of my EcoFuse Swave gel covers. You get 4 colors - blue, black, smoke and clear. Also two styli and a microfiber cloth. For $10. I thought they would be garbage but they seem to be on a par with the Cruzerlite cases which cost $10 for one! They add very little bulk, are grippy and protect from scratches, but probably not drops. The case is a good close fit, and a lip projects around the face of the phone while lets you set it face down without scratching the glass. And they are good looking - my favorite is the blue one. They styli are your generic cheap ones, but they work as does the cloth. Hard to beat.

Amazon.com: ECO-FUSED 7 pieces Swave TPU Flex Gel Cover Case Bundle for HTC Windows 8X /4 TPU Cover Cases (Black, Blue, Smoke, Clear) / 2 Stylus (Black, Silver) - ECO-FUSED Microfiber Cleaning Cloth included: Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-25-2013 12:20 PM
    I use the Otterbox Defender as I am outdoors a lot. I have dropped the phone several times with no damage. It is bulky and the on/off switch is hard to use.
    04-27-2013 10:48 AM
    Oh. Well it matches well with blue 8Xs. :)
    And its corners get black.....blah....sick ccase.....bad material ..... ME = owner of it.....now I have the otterbox commuter and would never look back
    04-28-2013 11:21 AM
    Anything that would be similar to smart covers ? Such as G4 smart cover ? In terms of design I mean...
    06-01-2013 03:09 PM
    I just got the Ballistic grey and purple case with screen protector and clip holster. Not too bulky and the holster protects the phone even more. The case is hard rubber on back, hard plastic frame and rubber bumpers in case of clumsiness...best case i have had on a phone yet...but Otterbox defender is great too
    07-01-2013 07:08 PM
    I have some case with a kick stand and holster. Pretty slim and nice looking.

Here's a link ($6): Amazon.com: HTC 6990 VERIZON Oem NEW HTC Windows Phone 8X Shell Combo W/holster & Kickstand NON RETAIL PACKAGE: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-02-2013 08:54 AM
    I have some case with a kick stand and holster. Pretty slim and nice looking.

Here's a link ($6): Amazon.com: HTC 6990 VERIZON Oem NEW HTC Windows Phone 8X Shell Combo W/holster & Kickstand NON RETAIL PACKAGE: Cell Phones & Accessories

I actually purchased this a few days ago. Should arrive soon. What do you think so far?
    07-02-2013 03:02 PM
102 12345