Best overall case for HTC 8X

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Right, I'm looking for a case for my 8x, I know that putting a case on a phone this good looking is criminal, but I really don't want to damage it :(

So, opinions? Wouldn't mind a colourful, sturdy case that plays to the advantages of how good looking the phone is.

Cheers

Nick Archambault1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an incipio dual case. Adds a bit of bulk but definitely looks better than any of the other cases out there and protects the front of the phone when putting it face down.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Where are u located? The one I got from Verizon, you can't even tell there's a case in it, and it had a pull out kickstand. It rocks.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an otterbox commuter and it seems to be pretty rugged, the lens is kept away from surfaces as well. I can't decide whether to keep it on or not though, the phone is so cool looking and slim without it.. but I will most likely grab a 920 when it hits vzw anyway... what to do..

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
just get a silicone that matches your phone. they absorb impact if you drop and they keep your screen and camera lens safe. Not to mention they take up little room and look good with the phone

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the doubleshot HTC case. I really like it. So far it's survived a couple of drops and kept the phone safe. I like the way the case follows the form factor of the phone.

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
See i got the HTC doubleshot case and hated it. The design is good with the way it seals around the phone but because it is such a hard plastic material it has hardly any grip in the hand - the only drop i've suffered so far with my 8X was while it was in this case! it did protect it but it also picked up hundreds of scratches just from every day use. I'm currently using a case from Terrapin (at least in the UK) which seems to be just like the Incipio Feather. Great matte texture, maybe not the most protective case in the world but it's done the job so far. Also when i purchased it was only ?2.99 including delivery, so definitely one of the cheapest options out there. Terrapin also sell some good quality screen protectors for the 8x as well.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So does the double shot protect against drops on the screen like an otterbox?

No, it doesn't. It protects the phone pretty well, but not the screen. Besides, as olivercorb said above, it does not have any grip at all. I have many cases and this is the one I like most, though, since I have the blue version of the phone, people normally thinks it's caseless and they are shocked at how thin the phone is when I remove the case :)

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No, it doesn't. It protects the phone pretty well, but not the screen. Besides, as olivercorb said above, it does not have any grip at all. I have many cases and this is the one I like most, though, since I have the blue version of the phone, people normally thinks it's caseless and they are shocked at how thin the phone is when I remove the case :)

looks like I'll need to give this one a try then! :)

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC Doubleshot case. Unfortunately it makes the phone feel much bigger, slipperier and seems impossible to remove once it's on! Good for protecting the phone back but offers no protection for the screen. On the lookout for something else (if I can remove it of course)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion