Best overall case for HTC 8X

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought Nillkin (NILLKIN ??) brown one.
Excellent case. Looks beautiful.
2012111919254073499.jpg

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC Doubleshot case. Unfortunately it makes the phone feel much bigger, slipperier and seems impossible to remove once it's on! Good for protecting the phone back but offers no protection for the screen. On the lookout for something else (if I can remove it of course)

You cant take it off? Are you serious? Pull it back from the corner with your thumb nail.

Rajat Singhal

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
So, what I loved about the HTC 8X was the screen cover that came attached to the phone when you first use it, that shows what each buttons do etc. Using the touch screen was so much smoother with that cover. Anyone knows how i can buy that same cover again?

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to try the HTC one. My main concern is screen damage however, so it looks like I'll need to buy a few screen protectors too!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow. They have some really nice cases. Still hate to cover my 8X, but they look good. What is the finish of that case? Is plastic, soft-touch like the 8X itself, rubber, smooth or what?
I cannot determine the material. Yes its plastic, but looks a little like rubberized plastic and at the same time its a little slippy

As about screen protection. Guys, how do you want to protect screen with case??? :)

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Because the glass is level with the edge and runs right to the edge if you drop it on one of the corners it will break pretty easily. To give you an idea I dropped my 8X while running, onto a concrete floor it hit flat and slid along and it didn't have a scratch. I then dropped it with a minimal cases (like the incipio feather) from about 1.5 feet onto a rubberized floor and the screen cracked. If you drop it onto it's corners you have a good change of breaking it.

The best case for this kind of protection is one with a raised edge around the edge of the screen. If you flip it over the glass won't touch the surface it is on and the edge will absorb the impact if it drops on one of the corners.

As about screen protection. Guys, how do you want to protect screen with case??? :)

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The best overall case is the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC. It's only available in blue. This case is awesome, it has the best feel and it fits the body of the 8X like a glove. You and other people won't be able to note the difference with the case on. Consider getting it before any other.

I also have an Incipio Feather (grey) and Incipio DualPro (black). Both are great but the DualPro protects the screen if you put the phone face down.

You can have a look at the brief reviews I wrote for these cases. I took plenty of photos. the DualPro review contains photos and comments of the Doubleshot Hard Shell as well.

Here are the links:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/216935-[case]-incipio-dualpro-black-review.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/217238-[case]-incipio-feather-grey-review.html

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Doubleshot: does not add bulk at all, retains 8X form factor, is not hard to put on or take off (in my opinion), but is slippery!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the Rock Hard case and it is very similar to the Incipio Feather, I love it the best and it looks great and also retains the great form factor. Comes in several colors, but this color matches the HTC yellow/lime color perfectly. Got it through Amazon. (Mentioned in another thread that I got it through Ebay, forgot it was actually Amazon.).
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, the doubleshot is a nice case. But, if I am going to put on a case, I want more protection than no case. The doubleshot, to me, really gives no extra protection. I guess if you want to make your 8X blue, that will work. But my phone is blue.

I hate to cover my 8x because it looks so good, but I'm a little nervous about dropping it and having the screen shatter. So I want a case that has a little lip that protects the screen. The Nillkin Super looks pretty good, but it seems that they are made in Japan and a little difficult to order. That Rock Hard case looks sweet and Speck makes a cool case for the 8X.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
When I choose case, I think about protection back of phone from scratches, not the entire phone.
Want total protection? Buy metal cage :)
And if phone falls, I don't think half of millimeter of plastic protects it :)

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the doubleshot is a nice case. But, if I am going to put on a case, I want more protection than no case. The doubleshot, to me, really gives no extra protection. I guess if you want to make your 8X blue, that will work. But my phone is blue.

I hate to cover my 8x because it looks so good, but I'm a little nervous about dropping it and having the screen shatter. So I want a case that has a little lip that protects the screen. The Nillkin Super looks pretty good, but it seems that they are made in Japan and a little difficult to order. That Rock Hard case looks sweet and Speck makes a cool case for the 8X.

If you want to protect the screen look for the Incipio DualPro or Otterbox cases. Most users, I think, are trying to protect the back of their phones from scratches. The Doubleshot is not meant to "make your phone blue", come on. It's like the majority of phone cases. It provides protection for the back of the device.

Having said that, you have to look for cases that suit your needs. Neither the Nillkin or that Rock Hard will protect your screen. Check the Incipio DualPro or Otterbox Commuter on Amazon to see what you want for the screen edges.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you want the Beast?
Would you like the Beauty?

I use the Beauty @ Work and Socializing.
I use the Beast when I'm Biking, Drinking, or Partying.

Your choice, different lifestyle. I actually like the feel of the Trident Case (and the color lol) but I figured Otterbox is more reputable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb