Best overall case for HTC 8X

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen a bumper? I don't want a case but I also don't want to have to worry about my corners peeling. At this point, that Nillkin case is the only one I've seen in this thread that I would even consider using.. and doubt it would last me more than a week before I was fed up and ripped it off.

edit: I would easily pay $50+ for something like this. I know that one isn't available for the 8x, but that would be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my speck yellow and blue case for about 2 months and love it! Goes really nice with the blue and it really does protect! I've dropped my phone plenty of time all sorts of angles and heights..its practically bulletproof! I'll be posting a review sometime this week!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I got an Incipio DualPro for my wife's 8X and it's pretty nice. The rubber inner cover could be just a little tighter as it's just a hair loose at the top, but it's decent. Looks good and feels good, if you have to have a case. I have a Speck case (white) coming today or tomorrow and will compare it to the Incipio.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I got another 8X case today, the BodyGlove: Amazon.com: Body Glove HTC 8x 4g (Model: HTC-6990) BodyGlove Diamond Hard Shell Brushed Charcoal with Gray Trim 9323401 Retail Package: Cell Phones & Accessories

Wow, I am really impressed with it. The fit is perfect. It is all one piece of rubber and plastic so it is a little thinner than the Incipio. It has some drop protection because there is some rubber on the inside, but not quite as much as the DualPro. It has a little lip above the screen so there is some protection there. The buttons are covered and pretty good, but for some reason the power button is just a little harder to press than the DualPro, but still easier than with no case. The outside is mostly plastic, so it is more slippery than no case, but slides into a pocket nicely. Personally, I like the fit and design much better than the DualPro. It gives decent drop protection and looks good.

Hamza Babar

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if there is any good quality, clear and transparent case for the 8x. i'd like to keep the great look of the blue intact and not hidden!

Andre Heizer

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a diztronic matte black on my 8x and I love it. It feels/looks great on the phone giving it necessary bulk while still maintaining its thin feel. It's hard rubber, so it feels firm on the phone and properly protects it from a drop. I have dropped my phone about five times since getting this case and it has been fine thanks to the case. However, the greatest thing about this case, for me at least, is that the front gives the screen some elevation so that when the phone is faced down, the screen does not actually touch the surface it is on. You would be surprised how much of a difference that makes... I once dropped my phone from my pocket and it landed faced down on my wooden floor leaving not even a scratch on the screen. Still, you will want a screen protector for extra shielding. The only thing that can kind of get annoying is that sometimes dust or dirt can accumulate on the edges of the case, but I'm pretty sure every phone case is like that. You just have to take off the case every once in a while and blow off the dust, no big deal. I love this case. Anyways, here it is: Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case Windows Phone 8 Cover for HTC 8x on eBay!

Last edited:

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
what is using the power button like with the diztronic matte black? I got a generic black case for mine and while I like the protection it makes using the power button way harder. The HTC case make using the button actually easier but I am looking for a black case with a lip around like the screen like you mentioned with the diztronic matte black.

listeningtree

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the Doubleshot case too. Since my phone is blue, it looks as if the phone doesn't have a case. I am looking around for a replacement though, as I want more pronounced buttons :D I have my eye on the Body Glove Diamond Shell case.

battery8xsucks

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
^So you would all recommend the HTC doubleshot case? I wonder how would it look with my black 8x. Anyway, I can't really make up my mind because the doubleshot definitely makes sure your 8x stays noticeable with its aesthetics and htc logo LOL. But in terms of protection of the phone I feel that those from incipio, nilkkin or otter are much better overall cases. Since I'm on a budget, I plan of purchasing only one so any suggestions from those who already bought doubleshot or one of the others?

Also, are screen protectors from htc the best fitting ones for 8x?

tnx in advance for your responses

PhrenicSystems

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
With the HTC case on you don't see any of the black so your phone looks blue. The only thing that would distinguish it from the Blue 8x would be that the ear speaker is black instead of blue. The HTC case makes finding and pressing the power putting easier but does not have a raised lip like on some cases so it won't offer as much screen protection. I have tried three cases so far and like the HTC one the best.

^So you would all recommend the HTC doubleshot case? I wonder how would it look with my black 8x. Anyway, I can't really make up my mind because the doubleshot definitely makes sure your 8x stays noticeable with its aesthetics and htc logo LOL. But in terms of protection of the phone I feel that those from incipio, nilkkin or otter are much better overall cases. Since I'm on a budget, I plan of purchasing only one so any suggestions from those who already bought doubleshot or one of the others?

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
With the HTC case on you don't see any of the black so your phone looks blue. The only thing that would distinguish it from the Blue 8x would be that the ear speaker is black instead of blue. The HTC case makes finding and pressing the power putting easier but does not have a raised lip like on some cases so it won't offer as much screen protection. I have tried three cases so far and like the HTC one the best.

+1

Had the HTC case for a few weeks.
Fantastic piece of kit. Makes the phone look even better Imo.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Has anyone found that on the Incipio Dual Pro, the rubber inner layer gets soft and a little loose around the phone? Around the edge of the screen, it is not as tight as it was when new and I really couldn't recommend it if they all are like that.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I highly recommend the Doublehot Hard Case by HTC. It is, in my opinion, the best looking case for the 8X. It's also one of the fittest and slimmest along with the Incipio Feather.
You can look at the pictures I posted of the Doubleshot with my black 8X in this review I wrote: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/216935-[case]-incipio-dualpro-black-review.html

Has anyone found that on the Incipio Dual Pro, the rubber inner layer gets soft and a little loose around the phone? Around the edge of the screen, it is not as tight as it was when new and I really couldn't recommend it if they all are like that.

I have one in black and I haven't noticed the edges of the rubber frame to get loose. They were a little loose since new but I didn't see it as a concern an this rubber skin fits exactly like the first day. I don't use it everyday because I exchange it with the Incipio Feather and the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC.

It certainly would be a concern if all loose a little fit on the screen edges, though. If I see this on mine, I will post about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo