Manually adding songs to HTC 8x

the_judge

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm having trouble adding songs manually to my HTC 8x.

I have the Windows Phone App installed (appaling UI, btw...) and the only way I can seem to add songs to the device is to sync it. This works fine when I was initially adding my music to my phone, but now I have a few new albums I want to add and I don't really want to have to remove and sync everything again.

I installed Zune thinking that it would be possible to do it through this, but it is not recognising my device. AFAIK, this only supports WP7?

Is there a way to manually add a select few songs to the device without syncing everything every time??

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You can just use Windows Explorer to drop your songs into the phone.

Also, any good music player that supports MTP can transfer them and organize them in any way you want. My favorite music player/library manager is J. River Media Center. I use it to transfer songs to my 8X and have it arrange them into ARTIST folders, then ALBUM subfolders.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
although the sync app is buggy and limited but seem like it should serve you well for your describe purpose. All you need to do is to select the additional you want and it will only transfer whatever had changed, the others it just runs through a quick sum check to make sure there is no other changes. The way I do it is to create a list in my WMP whenever I feel like adding a song. Then sync it later when the phone is with me or whenever is convenient to me.

the_judge

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
although the sync app is buggy and limited but seem like it should serve you well for your describe purpose. All you need to do is to select the additional you want and it will only transfer whatever had changed, the others it just runs through a quick sum check to make sure there is no other changes. The way I do it is to create a list in my WMP whenever I feel like adding a song. Then sync it later when the phone is with me or whenever is convenient to me.

It doesn't just add them one by one. The only option I get is to 'Sync' which deletes all the songs on my phone first, then adds all the selected songs. Very time consuming.

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I manually added a load of songs to my 8X via Windows Explorer (the songs are part of my Zune/Xbox Music pass and downloaded via Zune desktop) and while half of them play, the other half give me a DRM error. Anyone else had this?

But otherwise, yeah, it's good to have plenty of sync options (even if none of them work properly).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99