Dead Pixel, should I exchange

mrasmussen

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the HTC 8X since I wanted to stay with Verizon and they don't have the Lumia 920. I like the phone, but I noticed there is a single dead pixel. When the screen is completely black, I can see the single white pixel. I'm debating with myself if it is worth exchanging for a new 8x? One you have the thing setup the way you like, it takes some work on a new phone. The single pixel isn't that big of a deal, what do you guys think? I picked up the phone yesterday.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As long as you set up a Microsoft account, it is an easy process to get back to how it was on a new device.

If its bothering you take it back.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
A dead pixel is black. A stuck pixel is any other color. You have a stuck pixel. There are few videos you can run that may fix it or the eraser trick.

mrasmussen

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I didn't know there was a difference. Good to know. I know it isn't that hard to setup again, just sucks. I got the screen protector on, tiles the way I like, apps installed, things like that. I'll check into the stuck pixel fixes out there.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
A couple of years ago I bought by mail a 23" wide screen monitor for my computer. It had like 15 stuck pixels in the middle of the screen. I ran the videos and that got rid of a few. Then I tapped the other with a pencil eraser and they went away, and I haven't had a problem with stuck pixels since then.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a that on my first 8x. I think it was actually a spec of dust. I returned it. The new replacement's screen is 100% flawless.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs