HTC 8X Screen Protector Durability

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I finally switched to WP last night, and started in with the HTC8X. Absolutely love it so far, beautiful in every way. Every new phone I have ever bought obviously comes with plastic around all of the body (i.e. to cover camera lens and what not), which you can remove. I didn't see any on this, until I realized that the matte-like-feel of the touch screen was actually due to a pretty solid screen protector that came with it; makes sense because I was wondering why there was a tiny air bubble in the corner. I like the way the matte feels, and I like knowing that my screen is staying fresh and clean underneath, though sometimes a screen swipe is unresponsive. However, I am curious of the durability of this "stock" screen protector? Will it get flimsy and nasty over time, or will it hold up nicely? Just wondering if I should invest in one.

Thanks!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that what you have is in fact just the shipping film and not a proper screen protector for every day use. This is evidenced by what you said about screen responsiveness not being what it should be sometimes.
If you do want to protect the screen then you could consider investing in a good quality screen protector from a reputable dealer. I'm unable to recommend one because I've never used one in my life (don't like them at all). There was a time once when I had a screen replaced on a Galaxy S and the guy who repaired it fitted a screen protector before handing the phone back to me. I ripped it off immediately and threw it away, but that's just me.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had a feeling it was just a film to temporarily protect it. That's why I was curious of its durability, as I'm sure it isn't meant for extended use. It sits pretty firmly on the screen and it's relatively thick, so we'll see. Does this glass scratch easily?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That confirms it then. If it's thick then it is the shipping film. The 8X does have Gorilla Glass 2 which is highly scratch resistant but not scratch proof so it won't scratch easily. However, it is still possible to scratch the glass so investing in a good quality screen protector might be in your best interests if you're worried about getting any scratches on the screen.

Rajat Singhal

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
asked this question earlier as well, but you cannot use the screen film that comes with the HTC 8x since there are markings on it to indicate what each button does. Having said that, I really did love the feel of that screen cover. Anyone have an idea which screen film offers the same feel/finish for the screen. (PS: didnt notice any unresponsiveness with that film)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
asked this question earlier as well, but you cannot use the screen film that comes with the HTC 8x since there are markings on it to indicate what each button does. Having said that, I really did love the feel of that screen cover. Anyone have an idea which screen film offers the same feel/finish for the screen. (PS: didnt notice any unresponsiveness with that film)

I can't remember what the screen film on my 8X felt like, but I use a Zaggs Invisible Shield on my phone and I really like it. I've used this protector on other phones in the past and have had good luck with it.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

When I went to get the phone and the guy was getting my account ready, that was still on the phone. He removed it, and I have the cover that I talked about originally. Did he put one on and he didn't tell me? (The guys I go to always hook me up with free stuff) I'm loving it, either way...the matte feel is great, the fingerprints are hard to see, and it sits on the screen very firmly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro