HTC 8x won't get a cellular connection

kiddj55

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I recently just bought a phone. On Craigslist. I suppose you already know where this story is going. I checked out everything and the phone was working perfect I just didn't have my sim card on me so I didn't get to test out the cellular connection. Took it home and I can't get a cellular connection. Took it to T-mobile and they exchanged sim cards to no prevail. So I think I may be dealing with a stolen phone here. What are my options? Btw bought it for $330 sold my GFs Lumia 810 for $250 and now she's phoneless. Also for an instant reply you can contact me on twitter @easypeasyjd

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset already? That's the first thing you should try.

If that doesn't solve it, try to see if you can change settings using the HTC Connection Settings app. You can download it in the HTC app inside the Windows Phone Store.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yea gotta be careful buying phones from Craigslist and eBay. I would have T-mobile check if the IMEI isn't blacklisted. If all the solutions already suggested don't work then you may need to replace the phone. If you have TEP on your plan T-mobile will replace the device regardless of where it was purchased, and as for selling the GFs phone bad move.

kiddj55

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea gotta be careful buying phones from Craigslist and eBay. I would have T-mobile check if the IMEI isn't blacklisted. If all the solutions already suggested don't work then you may need to replace the phone. If you have TEP on your plan T-mobile will replace the device regardless of where it was purchased, and as for selling the GFs phone bad move.

yea unfortunately its blacklisted. What's TEP?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss