My 8x seems to have died...

remotelocal

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
damn. Took my phone out of my pocket to remote the stereo and when i pressed the power button, all i got was a flickering screen. can't get any image, can't tell if its registering touch or not, it just sits there flickering away. tried a power button/volume button restart but no dice. it just keeps flashing. when i plug it into my computer i can't unlock it even when i line up my wife's 8 x and press exactly where the numbers would be for my lock code.

It just sounded a notification for my next meeting, so it must be working away under there. Anybody else had their 8x do this? could it just be a loose connection or something? Waiting for HTC to return my call...

remotelocal

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah, tried that too. did the hardware button steps and it seemed to do something. left it for a while, turned it back on and still just a flickering screen. I guess its wiped now anyway, so returning it tomorrow. thanks.

Tom Spera

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. Earlier today I noticed it wasn't registering my SIM card and by later that day when I took my phone out of my pocket it wouldn't unlock, turnoff, or anything. I tried plugging it in to my charger and the notification light wouldn't turn on. I tried a hard reset and nothing happened. I guess I have to turn it in for a replacement, I really love the Windows Phone but it seems to have clucked out on me :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium