Windows Phone 8X dead

Tom Spera

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just bought my windows phone almost exactly a month ago when today I noticed it began to act up. Earlier I noticed that it was saying that I had an invalid SIM card for Verizon. After a quick reboot it seemed to have fixed the problem. However, three hours later when I took it out of my pocket I tried to unlock it with no success. When holding the power button down I got no response and when I tried to plug it into my charger the notification light never turned on. I tried a hard reset but nothing happened. Not sure what the problem is but it seems like my phone just clucked out, which is really disappointing because I switched from an iPhone to a Windows Phone because I like the Windows Phone so much. I guess I will just have to get a replacement from Verizon.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. My first 8x died out 24 hours of buying it. It would was completely dead and would not start up at all. I had to get a new 8x and this 2nd one has been going fine since then

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 did the same thing last week. It became unresponsive to anything. Out of stubbornness I just kept holding the power and volume down buttons but to no avail. After about 20 tries I gave up, then decided to try one last time. Voila! It came back to life. This was about an hour or so later. I hope you have the same luck as I did. I was furious because I hadn't synced my photos for about 2 months. Thankfully my phone revived and I synced it right away.
I hope yours revives as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99