HTC 8X stuttering/lagging randomly

ParrotHeadFL

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate to add a "me-too" post, but me, too. Same as everyone else... It just started recently, I can't tied it to the installation of any specific apps, and I have minimal background apps running. Extremely frustrating.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the update that just came out a day or two ago? It fixed the problem for me.

EDIT: I just noticed the stutter again when texting. It's not terrible, but still happens sometimes. Problem not fixed.

Last edited:

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Could be that it's backing up the app list. It occurs periodically in the background. You can check the backup screen and see the last time it occurred. See if it corresponds to the lag times.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Definitely started post-Portico, no real change with the latest update. I even hard reset it in the hopes that it would get rid of the issue.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine had a couple of random reboots a couple of weeks ago so I reset it. So far it's been fairly smooth except for some keyboard lag here and there.

codymws

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue... I have the 8X on Verizon and I'm having stutter problems too. It's not too bad, just stutters when opening or switching apps and when typing. Feels like my old Droid Charge. But considering the specs of the 8X, it definitely shouldn't be happening... hope Verizon pushes a fix soon...

ZachieChan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the EXACT same problems! Very annoying! Does anyone else have a networking issue? For example, it says I have 3g but in reality I have no data service? This goes on and off and the only solution to this is turning my phone off then on. This seems to happen when I lose my data, "regain" it according to the top left icon, then when I try to use the internet it doesnt work.

palaudawg

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar issues with stutter/lag along with random data connectivity issues while in a Wi-Fi environment.. Something else that I find a little weird is that I was never notified to install last weeks update so I can't blame it on that. It seems to have started after the Portico update, with the data connectivity issues only for the past week. So far I am unable to tie the issues to anything specific.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue but I attributed it to having less than 1GB of free space. I recently reset my phone and. Haven't put any of my music back so I have over 8GB of free space and have been problem free.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Matthew Nicoletti

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue but I attributed it to having less than 1GB of free space. I recently reset my phone and. Haven't put any of my music back so I have over 8GB of free space and have been problem free.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

I've been through factory resets as well as my Like-New Replacement and I still have the issue. I can safely say in my case that it is not a space issue.

ZachieChan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This lag is getting ridiculous! It has gotten progressively worse! There is lag in everything I do from scrolling, swiping, typing, and opening apps! This is absolutely ridiculous its driving me crazy!

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the t-mobile version and i dont have any of these issues. Mine was smooth... Except when im using the Facebook beta app, but im sure thats the app...

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I get lag mostly when trying to type. It sometimes becomes unresponsive for 2-3 seconds. Never did it when new. On Verizon also

ZachieChan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

As of the past week~ my phone has been acting weird. It had been pretty flawless up until recently. All of a sudden I started getting this weird stutter/lag where the screen will freeze for a second (while still accepting input) and then all of a sudden "jump" back to the point it would have been at. For instance, if I'm scrolling through a webpage it'll lock up for a second and then skip to the point it would have scrolled to. Likewise, when I'm texting it'll freeze up and then spit out all of the input that it registered while it was stuttering. The odd part is that it doesn't happen 100% of the time. It'll happen in waves, getting really bad and then going a way for a bit.

I've tried these solutions:
  • Rebooting
  • Uninstalling recent apps
  • Wiping text messages
  • Resetting the phone
  • Taking out the SIM card for a couple of minutes then putting it back in

All of these have been to no avail. It is getting increasingly more aggravating to do anything on my phone with the periodic spasms. Anyone else having this issue? Any known fix?

Matt how many apps do you have installed? I did a factory reset on my 8X then got rid of some apps I didn't really use anymore. The lag for me has improved but not been fixed. Everything still lags from typing to scrolling, loading, and the animations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon