My Windows XP computer doesn't recognize my HTC 8X phone

skwan15

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to download my Itunes music, and transfer it to my phone, but every time I try to connect the USB chord to my computer, no icon appears to "My Computer." My phone starts charging when it is connected, and a "Found New Hardware Wizard" pops up on my computer asking me if I want to install the software for the MTP Device.. However, I don't think you're supposed to install the software, right? I think it says you're not supposed to on the Microsoft website. When I tried to install it anyway, it says "There was a problem installing this software." I've also tried multiple USB ports.

Because I don't have a Windows 7 or 8 computer, the app doesn't work... I will try using another computer (another Windows XP) but I am highly doubtful that it will work...

marpad87

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Windows XP, but I can suggest you to transfer your stuff via Skydrive. Upload it from your XP, then download it on your phone.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to download my Itunes music, and transfer it to my phone, but every time I try to connect the USB chord to my computer, no icon appears to "My Computer." My phone starts charging when it is connected, and a "Found New Hardware Wizard" pops up on my computer asking me if I want to install the software for the MTP Device.. However, I don't think you're supposed to install the software, right? I think it says you're not supposed to on the Microsoft website. When I tried to install it anyway, it says "There was a problem installing this software." I've also tried multiple USB ports.

Because I don't have a Windows 7 or 8 computer, the app doesn't work... I will try using another computer (another Windows XP) but I am highly doubtful that it will work...
the drivers installed in your PC might be backdated. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I got my HTC 8X recognised under my XP machine by going through the install questions a few times (as it sees the device as a few different things) but in the end it does appear to it as an additional drive. From there you can drag/drop files onto the 8X into the few visible folders.

You can't use the desktop program for it (as noted it's Win7 and Win8 only) but to be honest it's crap anyway - you're better off just using explorer to drag and drop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo