Thank you Nokia, now, play along HTC?

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia released a substantial firmware update today, nobody really knows what it fixed as of yet, as many are coming up with different points.

Anyone think we will get treated to this lovely updating goodness for our neglected HTC's ?

marpad87

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Nokia released a substantial firmware update today, nobody really knows what it fixed as of yet, as many are coming up with different points.
As far as I know, they've received a storage checking tool, camera improvements and the abiltiy to empty the "Other storage".

Anyone think we will get treated to this lovely updating goodness for our neglected HTC's ?
I hope not. I would be really angry... This Lumia exclusive app issue is already killing my nerves... :angry:

Jonny8X

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, they've received a storage checking tool, camera improvements and the abiltiy to empty the "Other storage".

I hope not. I would be really angry... This Lumia exclusive app issue is already killing my nerves... :angry:

Same here, i don't bother when its something that I could live without, but when its a big issue like the other storage issue, its not something we "want" its something we "NEED"!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The other storage is mostly IE cache which you can empty and also maps, which you can delete. GDR2 should fix the other storage problems due to leaks, but will leave it to you to empty the IE cache and also let you manage your maps.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
That's bad. I knew I shouldn't buy HTC. Never trusted this company. And never bought anything from them. The only HTC I had , was HD7 , which I bought for development needs. Wanted to skip Nokia, because of previous bad experience with two Lumia 800. I bought 8X. I really like it because it lighter, looks better. But! 8X has less storage, worse camera, awful support in terms of custom applications from vendor. And it seems I am going to switch to Lumia 920.
8X will be my last mistake with HTC ��

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
That's bad. I knew I shouldn't buy HTC. Never trusted this company. And never bought anything from them. The only HTC I had , was HD7 , which I bought for development needs. Wanted to skip Nokia, because of previous bad experience with two Lumia 800. I bought 8X. I really like it because it lighter, looks better. But! 8X has less storage, worse camera, awful support in terms of custom applications from vendor. And it seems I am going to switch to Lumia 920.
8X will be my last mistake with HTC ����
Same here!!!!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
HTC just released a mysterious firmware update the other day, so we aren't neglected and I don't think that'll be the case with the 8X.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC has been the fastest on releasing Firmware updates and Portico. HTC has some new software that enables them to better analyze customer data and feedback. A software option from SAP which Nokia did not buy... I know for sure... Ok. This is why HTC has been so quick to respond with fixes for their unlocked and unbranded devices. Now if your device is tied to a carrier, the carrier has to approve his carrier specific firmware and MS updates.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
HTC has been the fastest on releasing Firmware updates and Portico. HTC has some new software that enables them to better analyze customer data and feedback. A software option from SAP which Nokia did not buy... I know for sure... Ok. This is why HTC has been so quick to respond with fixes for their unlocked and unbranded devices. Now if your device is tied to a carrier, the carrier has to approve his carrier specific firmware and MS updates.
Nokia has their own in house feedback and user tracking app too. In fact the new features are exclusive to Lumias.

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought I made the right move in the beginning getting the 8x on vzw because I didn't want a mid range 822, but if a yellow 928 comes out for vzw, I'll be taking one of my family upgrade!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has their own in house feedback and user tracking app too. In fact the new features are exclusive to Lumias.
The SAP module extension that HTC purchased is state of the art... Gives HTC a clear advantage. But sure, if Nokia uses SAP they could also get it.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
talking about state of art, Lumias received more service update than WP8 series.

This is a 2 edge sword. For one side you can say that you receive more updates but you can also say that their products are more buggy and need so much updates to work.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a 2 edge sword. For one side you can say that you receive more updates but you can also say that their products are more buggy and need so much updates to work.

as far as we can tell from the forum, 8X has all the problem 920 has. WP8 is just buggy enough make everyone looks bad at the moment.

Nenomk2

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
The other storage is mostly IE cache which you can empty and also maps, which you can delete. GDR2 should fix the other storage problems due to leaks, but will leave it to you to empty the IE cache and also let you manage your maps.

My other is 3,01 GB. When I empty IE cache it comes down to 2,99GB. Mostly IE? Don't think so...

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
as far as we can tell from the forum, 8X has all the problem 920 has. WP8 is just buggy enough make everyone looks bad at the moment.

Like the other storage? Because the rest of problems I believe to be OEM specific. And even if they would both have the same problems they are having the same problems without htc needing to make update after update

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Compare to 8X, 920 doesnt seem to have unique problem software wise.
Everything is equivalent to each other,
All common symptoms suspect to be from WP8.
Reboots, bricks, battery drain, notification bizarre, wifi issues, LTE/3G connectivity, lagging, high failure rate after update/reset, anything you can name it you will find them in both forum.
Not that Nokia fix them even tho they pushed more updates, but the fact that based on fail result on both sides, Nokia paid more effort to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss