I have the resolution on my WP8 HTC 8X set to 3264x2448 and if I transfer the photo via USB to my PC or I use enhanced skydrive upload (using Wi Fi) the Photo retains the 3264x2448 resolution. But if I email the picture, the resolution gets cut down to 1632x1224 and the picture quality is reduced quite a bit.

How can I fix this? I want to attached the Photo but at the original resolution.

BTW, this does NOT happen on my Android Galaxy III. It emails the picture at the high resolution.

Thanks, Gary
    03-29-2013 03:24 PM
    There is currently no way to change the setting for the resolution when sending via email. I just put them on SkyDrive now and share them from there.

when can I email a full resolution photo? - Microsoft Community
    03-29-2013 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the Link. I read that thread with amazement. People wonder why Windows Phone doesn't get traction in the marketplace. I'm trying imagine the meeting they had in Redmond when someone must have said something like "Lets set it up so that all high resolution photos get their quality degraded when the user tries to email them." Then the others in the meeting must have agreed that was a really good idea. What were they thinking? Is the "lost decade" going to grow into the "lost score."

I develop apps for both Windows Phone and Android hence I have both phones but it looks like the Android will act as my personal phone.

It looks like the circumvention of uploading to skydrive won't work unless we are in Wi Fi but I need to play around with that.
    thanks, Gary
    03-30-2013 12:10 PM
    Hotspot your android and use that WiFi to upload pics to skydrive in full resolution then share from skydrive!

haha
    04-01-2013 08:07 PM
    haha: (is that your name?)
    See my other thread on skydrive. In WP8 you can't share to skydrive like you could in WP7. If you tap a picture, hit share, skydrive is not an option.
    Gary
    04-02-2013 06:08 PM
    It uploads to skydrive with the photo app (unless you have best quality, then you have to wait for wifi)

pictures are on skydrive in your camera roll folder
    04-02-2013 08:30 PM
    Haha:
    Yes, you are right. I see it can upload within the photo app. MS changed the metaphor in WP8 and took away SHARE -> SKYDRIVE which confuses WP7 users. And, of course, they butcher your photo if you try to email it (for whatever reason I cannot imagine).
    Gary
    04-03-2013 10:23 AM
    Once the photo is on skydrive, you can use the Skydrive app to share it or a few various 3rd party apps to share photos in full resolution
    04-03-2013 12:30 PM
    I assume the reason is to save data, but a more elegant solution is to just give users a Low/Medium/Full resolution option when sharing. This should apply to SkyDrive uploads via cellular as well.
    04-03-2013 12:46 PM