The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hi, I'm kinda new to these forums so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

Here's my question, I'm currently a college student and during lectures I want to take a picture of the notes projected by a projector on the board. However, the picture on my Windows Phone 8x always comes out with a a white bright light on where the notes should be. So basically you can't make out the letters that are projected on the board. I was wondering what kind of settings for the camera would fix this problem? My friends with iPhones (4S and 5) are able to take these pictures with no problem.

Thanks!
    03-29-2013 06:38 PM
    Hi, I'm kinda new to these forums so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

Here's my question, I'm currently a college student and during lectures I want to take a picture of the notes projected by a projector on the board. However, the picture on my Windows Phone 8x always comes out with a a white bright light on where the notes should be. So basically you can't make out the letters that are projected on the board. I was wondering what kind of settings for the camera would fix this problem? My friends with iPhones (4S and 5) are able to take these pictures with no problem.

Thanks!
    Hello my friend! I have an 8X too and do use my phone to take pictures of the lectures as well when needed (i.e. programming class, the code that my teacher writes in his projected screen). What I would try messing around with is first with the exposure (make it lower because from what I understand there is too much light there). Contrast lower perhaps as well. Then try to see what the White Balance can do in the camera setting when changing it around. Then if all else fails, mess around with the ISO. This SHOULD work seeing as my lectures turn out quite fine in a dark room.

Hope this works! :)

EDIT: Just realized something, tried simulating it more in my room being pitch dark (I guess most extreme case of a dark room?) with my computer screen on. ISO is the only thing that had a real effect on it and it made it crisp and clear! :) Hope this helps.
    Last edited by WhippedKream; 03-29-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    SB5 likes this.
    03-29-2013 06:43 PM
    I'll be sure to try this during my next lecture, thanks!
    03-29-2013 09:31 PM
    I'll be sure to try this during my next lecture, thanks!
    Np, tell me how it goes.
    03-30-2013 12:56 AM