Should I contact HTC-a lot of scratches on my phone?

matkor1994

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been a loyal Windows Phone customer for years now, and I recently upgraded my Focus S to the HTC 8X. I had my Focus S for about a year and half, when it broke on me. That said, the screen was scratch-less, even after I dropped it several times. The Focus S does NOT have GG of anytime. Now I have the HTC 8X, and after just over 3 weeks, there are several scratches on my phone. The phone has GG2, and I thought it was supposedly "scratch-proof". I've treated that phone like it was a newborn child, and it has always been in a cushioned pocket. It never rubbed against my keys or anything. Is this normal? Should I contact HTC?

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem. GG2 seems to be a step backwords... I used to have a Nokia Oro with GG1 and there was no scratch at all for 2 years usage.

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is my reply from the other thread that was started on this subject:

I have both a tmobile and Verizon 8x and they both had scratches within about 1 month, even with babying them. My Droid X did not have a single scratch after 2 1/2 years and I work in a construction related industry so I'm around dirt, rock and heavy equipment. I think either gorilla glass 2 sucks, there was a bad run, or the curved glass causes it to be exposed.

Either way I'm very disappointed. I would have put a screen protector on from the get go, but I didn't ever have a problem with my Droid, so I figured I would get the same result from essentially the same product.

In addition putting screen protectors on the 8x sucks, again because of the curved glass the screen protector has to be smaller (not covering the entire face) or it will end up popping up on the edges.

In my opinion, it should be Corning that should be contacted (however I assume their response will be the its resistant versus scratch proof). I do think they have a more inferior product to version 1, which seems crazy to me. Everywhere I read I keep seeing the same input over and over again that GG2 has scratches when GG1 didn't.​

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
as berty said it's the coating which is floolish but thats how it is. most durable screen against scratches was my blackberry 9900 and that didnt have GG.

contacting HTC will be pointless. HTC reply to the device getting stained after 3 days use was "Cell phones should always be in a case and not carried in your pocket"

usnberry

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
GG2 sucks. Slap a screen protector on it or get a replacement, but I too am disappointed with GG2 vs 1.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb