goes silent on its own

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone goes silent for no reason at all, I thought it may have mute button but it don't, I have to reset the phone in order to get the sound back on

What actually does happen when you push the volume rocker? It just doesn't respond? And as soon as you restart (just power down or the virtual 'battery pull'?) the volume rocker works fine?

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine has done that about 3 times since I got it the first week of January. Never have figured out why, but restarting always "cures" it. That's the only issue I've ever had with this phone and compared to every other smart phone I've had it's nothing. It's hasn't happened enough to associate it with any thing else happening on the phone at the time. Would be interesting to know if anyone has any ideas about why this happens every now and then.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I never experienced that before and this is the first time I heard of this problem.

You should use your warranty and get that fixed. Sounds like a only you problem.

Volume rocker doesn't get stuck does it? You can feel the button behind the rocker depress? When it goes silent, does the volume icon display as silent?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too, the only reason i haven't swapped it yet is because i don't want to have to set up all my tiles how i like them

the volume rocker works, it says the volume is on, but its not. you don't hear calls, you don't hear button presses or the click sound when you lock it... nothing. the only thing that works for me is to power cycle the phone. its a fairly recent problem for me.

mine is actually doing it right now

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed mine going silent before, but it hasn't done it recently. Normally rebooting the phone would make the sound work fine.

harp666

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ya..mine goes silent when connected to Bluetooth only... vibration only works with Bluetooth connected...when disconnected from bluetooth everythings back to normal.
My droid razr did the same thing..both on Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes