Hi !

I would like to know if this adapter for samsung : Connect Samsung Galaxy SII and Note II smartphones to 30-pin iPod and iPhone audio docks. samDock. could be used for a HTC 8x ?

I would like to use it in my car with a Xcarlink system for iphone 4 (XCARLink interface iPod RENAULT - Xcarlink). So do you know if the charging and the controls will be the same that with a iphone 4 ?

Thanks a lot !
    04-07-2013 08:21 AM
    It will charge it... and that's it
    04-07-2013 08:43 AM
    The dock cable is a very unusual cable. As you know, most phones have a 3.5mm connector for audio output (earbuds). They used a USB connector so it would charge while it played music. I had no idea you could play music through the USB connector on any mobile phone, because I have never seen USB earbuds for mobile phones. I think you'll need to contact CableJive on that one.

I speak French, so I am able to read the information on the XCar Link. I really doubt that would work in that manner they list for control since it's made for the iPod or iPhone.

I wish I could have been of more help. Hopefully someone else will see this post and have a better answer.

Bienvenue to WPCentral!
    04-07-2013 09:04 AM
    Lots of phones have had USB for audio, it used to be pretty popular but has fallen out of favor because no one liked to carry adapters or buy USB headphones. A lot of the old HTC windows mobile phones had USB headphones.

iOS devices can send digital audio through the port, with the adapter you can get analog audio on android.

the only music access you can get with WP8 is if something recognizes your device as a USB mass storage device and even that doesn't usually work very well (and wouldn't work at all for DRM content).

with this cable adapter you would not be able to play music from your phone, you would only be able to charge.

your best bet with the device you posted would be a BT connection, but be warned that BT support is hit or miss for WP8 even on devices where on paper everything should work
    palandri likes this.
    04-07-2013 11:22 AM
    Ok thanks a lot for your quick answers !!

I think I will buy a cigar-lighter charger for my HTC and use a jack connector to plug in it into the XcarLink system. This will be cheaper ...

Merci beaucoup :)
    palandri likes this.
    04-07-2013 01:02 PM