Hope third time is a charm!

Brian McCool

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had two Windows phones before, back in the 4.x and 5.x versions. I was extremely disappointed when I couldn't upgrade these to new minor releases, let along major versions. I left windows phone for a Blackberry, which lasted about 1 month before I switched to Android. I had the HTC Incredible until it went swimming and then an HTC Rezound. I loved both for the first year that I had them, but noticed that after a while, they would start acting up, run slow, miss notifications. I'm also heavily invested in MS software development, so developing for them is costly if I want to use Visual Studio. I have an iPad mini, and while I prefer to use it over an Android tablet, I absolutely hate iTunes for purchasing apps. iPhone is not an option for me because of that and the switch to the technology I'd have to make to develop for it.

So my 8x comes in today. I'm looking forward to developing for it. I've already installed Windows 8 on my computers and was really impressed. I'm hoping that the 8x doesn't let me down!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had two Windows phones before, back in the 4.x and 5.x versions. I was extremely disappointed when I couldn't upgrade these to new minor releases, let along major versions. I left windows phone for a Blackberry, which lasted about 1 month before I switched to Android. I had the HTC Incredible until it went swimming and then an HTC Rezound. I loved both for the first year that I had them, but noticed that after a while, they would start acting up, run slow, miss notifications. I'm also heavily invested in MS software development, so developing for them is costly if I want to use Visual Studio. I have an iPad mini, and while I prefer to use it over an Android tablet, I absolutely hate iTunes for purchasing apps. iPhone is not an option for me because of that and the switch to the technology I'd have to make to develop for it.

So my 8x comes in today. I'm looking forward to developing for it. I've already installed Windows 8 on my computers and was really impressed. I'm hoping that the 8x doesn't let me down!

Welcome to WPCentral! You should be able to fall in love with your 8x surely. Plenty of tips here and in WP8 forums. Happy browsing... and now get developing, enough talking! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes