The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-14-2013 04:40 PM
48 12
tools
    This looks like a design flaw - the case should not be covered by such "soft" coating! HTC should do an immediate re-design...

This is also the reason why I prefer as much glass/metal on phones as possible - yea, it makes them heavier but more "wear"-proof and "wear" marks usually look "better" on stainless steel or non-anodized aluminum than on plastic (regardless of the type of plastic).
    Marconis4 likes this.
    04-10-2013 08:34 PM
    Mine did the same thing on the bottom two corners. It eventually stops, or at least mine has. I tried a case for awhile and hated that more, so I just live with it.

If you send it in for repair they will put a new shell on it, which will probably peel as well.
    How quickly did it happen?
    04-10-2013 08:42 PM
    Don't get me wrong... original appearance and feel the 8X makes the 920 look dated IMO buttt that last for a short time when it's quality starts to age like it was 3 years old.

My provider doesn't off any Nokia's and the 920 is exclusive to Rogers in canada... if you don't live in a major city you are most likely getting 2G/EDGE with rogers (which isn't acceptable)
    04-10-2013 10:00 PM
    well according to HTC's escalations the device should never be kept in your pocket and should always have a case on it.
    I read there is a little note in the box that says as much. I guess the type of people that never read anything get burned. Waah waah.
    04-11-2013 12:09 AM
    How quickly did it happen?
    About a month in.
    04-11-2013 04:19 AM
    There were reports awhile ago about this being "typical" with HTC phones. It's not unique to the 8X because I remember reading a thread where someone was complaining about it with their Radar as well. I think the poster said that HTC wasn't very sympathetic about his/her situation, either.
    well Radar had a very good build quality, i dont think there were any peeling issues with it
    04-11-2013 07:40 AM
    I'm sorry for you but this is general problem of 8X as far as I know.
    04-11-2013 08:09 AM
    I bought a protective case for a Nokia. That was a waste of money. This phone doesn't need it!
    Well it does need a case if you plan on ebaying it in a year for the latest and greatest phone.
    04-11-2013 09:42 AM
    Hi all. I got this phone, what, March 15th or something? I've treated it like a baby, never dropped it, kept it alone in its pockets, etc. Today I noticed that on the top right corner, the black plastic (and a little grey) is exposed where the back "skin" has seemingly "peeled". I have no idea how this happened, since it has never, ever been dropped. Yet, if I look closely there is a little scratch in the plastic. Perhaps I bumped into something? I really do not know. So upset right now...is there something that HTC or Verizon can do even though I didn't buy insurance? I know that if I bring this up, I will automatically be branded as a liar and told that I must have dropped it, when I know for a fact I did NOT. It looks like **** and I want to get it fixed. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Looks exactly like this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...ce-coners.html
    the back scratches are nothing to worry about. It's your finger oil got scratched you simply clean the device with water and they are gone. Also my red 8x was never dropped , only kept in my pocket and Tada, my left top corner has peeles off.
    04-11-2013 10:06 AM
    Can't you just not have a phone for a week? Or is it too much torture?
    04-11-2013 10:32 AM
    Can't you just not have a phone for a week? Or is it too much torture?
    I need a phone, nothing about torture, I just have certain people and emails I need to be on top of. Not only that, according to posts in this thread, HTC won't even repair it since I "should have had a case on it".
    04-11-2013 10:39 AM
    the back scratches are nothing to worry about. It's your finger oil got scratched you simply clean the device with water and they are gone. Also my red 8x was never dropped , only kept in my pocket and Tada, my left top corner has peeles off.
    So it clearly must be a design flaw that HTC are not addressing. Lovely.
    04-11-2013 10:41 AM
    I read there is a little note in the box that says as much. I guess the type of people that never read anything get burned. Waah waah.
    What's the point of having a nice finish on the body if it just has to be covered with a case? They could have covered it in **** for all I care if it needed to be used with a case.
    04-11-2013 10:42 AM
    well Radar had a very good build quality, i dont think there were any peeling issues with it
    Not according to this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...eling-off.html
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    04-11-2013 10:47 AM
    what? Even if it did have thay (which it doesn't) it would be ridiculous.
    04-11-2013 12:32 PM
    I'm sorry to hear this, but I don't believe it is happening to all 8x's. I've had mine about two months and it is in and out of my pockets all the time. I had a case on it for a week or two, but took it off. The coating on mine is perfect. I haven't dropped it and maybe that could start the peeling. I also had a Trophy for about a year and the coating on that is perfect and I dropped it a few times. Btw, my 8X is a blue Verizon. But, if it did start to peel, the HTC Doubleshot case would be a nice alternative.
    04-11-2013 01:16 PM
    from what I read multiple times on these boards... the doubleshot case uses the same soft coating as the 8X itself and suffers from staining like the device.
    04-11-2013 05:43 PM
    Got my case this morning, and I already forgot about the little blemish underneath. I'm in love with my new case. It's not bulky at all, and, in my opinion, goes beautifully with my screen setup. Also, the buttons ont he case make it much more difficult to hit the volume buttons when unlocking or locking the phone, which is a relief.

img_0011.jpg
    img_0010.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails img_0006.jpg   img_0007.jpg  
    04-12-2013 10:08 AM
    That case looks very similar to the case I had on my 900. It turned into a dirt magnet. Barely made it a few weeks before I needed a new case.
    04-12-2013 11:46 AM
    That case looks very similar to the case I had on my 900. It turned into a dirt magnet. Barely made it a few weeks before I needed a new case.
    Can see that happening since it's white, but I want to give it a go.
    04-12-2013 12:14 PM
    why don't you just peel the rest of the coating off?
    if it would happen to mine and htc wouldn't want to change it in warranty i'd surely do that before buying any case.
    8x design is just to good to ruin it with a cheap chinese case..

mine blue 8x is flawless after 4 months of use, never in a case and always in my jeans pocket.
    04-13-2013 06:08 AM
    why don't you just peel the rest of the coating off?
    if it would happen to mine and htc wouldn't want to change it in warranty i'd surely do that before buying any case.
    8x design is just to good to ruin it with a cheap chinese case..

mine blue 8x is flawless after 4 months of use, never in a case and always in my jeans pocket.
    Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard...peel off all of it? Please.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    04-13-2013 06:28 PM
    Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard...peel off all of it? Please.
    Eh, it may not be that bad. It would look more like an iPhone 3GS back, at least the black version would.
    04-14-2013 04:40 PM
48 12