Very angry. Back skin "peeled"

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Irvin, I had never had an HTC device before the Titan so I bought the wife and I one each, both had to be sent in for repair. One of them twice. So when the Titan 2 came out we got that figuring a better camera and they should have gotten all the bugs and stuff from the first one ironed out. Both had to be repaired twice. All of the HTC phones I have owned have had bad LCD screens or controller boards go bad. I jumped to the L920 and other than bricking it while trying to hard reset (which I fixed myself) I have had no issues with the hardware and it takes some great pictures. Wife had to have one too 😊

I must say I loved the titan 2. Its such a shame the build quality was so crappy.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, to be honest, I really am in love with my 8X. That's why I'm so upset that this happened...ruined a great phone for me. I'll get over it once I get the case on and can't see it anymore. Also really want to take my screen protector off, but haven't built up the courage to do so yet.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing on the bottom two corners. It eventually stops, or at least mine has. I tried a case for awhile and hated that more, so I just live with it.

If you send it in for repair they will put a new shell on it, which will probably peel as well.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This looks like a design flaw - the case should not be covered by such "soft" coating! HTC should do an immediate re-design...

This is also the reason why I prefer as much glass/metal on phones as possible - yea, it makes them heavier but more "wear"-proof and "wear" marks usually look "better" on stainless steel or non-anodized aluminum than on plastic (regardless of the type of plastic).

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing on the bottom two corners. It eventually stops, or at least mine has. I tried a case for awhile and hated that more, so I just live with it.

If you send it in for repair they will put a new shell on it, which will probably peel as well.

How quickly did it happen?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong... original appearance and feel the 8X makes the 920 look dated IMO buttt that last for a short time when it's quality starts to age like it was 3 years old.

My provider doesn't off any Nokia's and the 920 is exclusive to Rogers in canada... if you don't live in a major city you are most likely getting 2G/EDGE with rogers (which isn't acceptable)

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
well according to HTC's escalations the device should never be kept in your pocket and should always have a case on it.

I read there is a little note in the box that says as much. I guess the type of people that never read anything get burned. Waah waah.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
There were reports awhile ago about this being "typical" with HTC phones. It's not unique to the 8X because I remember reading a thread where someone was complaining about it with their Radar as well. I think the poster said that HTC wasn't very sympathetic about his/her situation, either.
well Radar had a very good build quality, i dont think there were any peeling issues with it

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I got this phone, what, March 15th or something? I've treated it like a baby, never dropped it, kept it alone in its pockets, etc. Today I noticed that on the top right corner, the black plastic (and a little grey) is exposed where the back "skin" has seemingly "peeled". I have no idea how this happened, since it has never, ever been dropped. Yet, if I look closely there is a little scratch in the plastic. Perhaps I bumped into something? I really do not know. So upset right now...is there something that HTC or Verizon can do even though I didn't buy insurance? I know that if I bring this up, I will automatically be branded as a liar and told that I must have dropped it, when I know for a fact I did NOT. It looks like **** and I want to get it fixed. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Looks exactly like this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/213071-another-problem-htc-8x-soft-surface-coners.html

the back scratches are nothing to worry about. It's your finger oil got scratched you simply clean the device with water and they are gone. Also my red 8x was never dropped , only kept in my pocket and Tada, my left top corner has peeles off.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just not have a phone for a week? Or is it too much torture?

I need a phone, nothing about torture, I just have certain people and emails I need to be on top of. Not only that, according to posts in this thread, HTC won't even repair it since I "should have had a case on it".

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
the back scratches are nothing to worry about. It's your finger oil got scratched you simply clean the device with water and they are gone. Also my red 8x was never dropped , only kept in my pocket and Tada, my left top corner has peeles off.

So it clearly must be a design flaw that HTC are not addressing. Lovely.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I read there is a little note in the box that says as much. I guess the type of people that never read anything get burned. Waah waah.

What's the point of having a nice finish on the body if it just has to be covered with a case? They could have covered it in **** for all I care if it needed to be used with a case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs