Very angry. Back skin "peeled"

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear this, but I don't believe it is happening to all 8x's. I've had mine about two months and it is in and out of my pockets all the time. I had a case on it for a week or two, but took it off. The coating on mine is perfect. I haven't dropped it and maybe that could start the peeling. I also had a Trophy for about a year and the coating on that is perfect and I dropped it a few times. Btw, my 8X is a blue Verizon. But, if it did start to peel, the HTC Doubleshot case would be a nice alternative.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
from what I read multiple times on these boards... the doubleshot case uses the same soft coating as the 8X itself and suffers from staining like the device.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my case this morning, and I already forgot about the little blemish underneath. I'm in love with my new case. It's not bulky at all, and, in my opinion, goes beautifully with my screen setup. Also, the buttons ont he case make it much more difficult to hit the volume buttons when unlocking or locking the phone, which is a relief.

IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 6

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That case looks very similar to the case I had on my 900. It turned into a dirt magnet. Barely made it a few weeks before I needed a new case.

sleby

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
why don't you just peel the rest of the coating off?
if it would happen to mine and htc wouldn't want to change it in warranty i'd surely do that before buying any case.
8x design is just to good to ruin it with a cheap chinese case..

mine blue 8x is flawless after 4 months of use, never in a case and always in my jeans pocket.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
why don't you just peel the rest of the coating off?
if it would happen to mine and htc wouldn't want to change it in warranty i'd surely do that before buying any case.
8x design is just to good to ruin it with a cheap chinese case..

mine blue 8x is flawless after 4 months of use, never in a case and always in my jeans pocket.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard...peel off all of it? Please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos