Camera crashes every app that uses it

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out an HTC 8X for a week now, and up until yesterday I loved it. Yesterday, however, I removed the SIM card in an attempt to get internet sharing, and after that, the camera app started crashing.

So I reset the phone (hard reset) and it started working again. Installed a bunch of apps, and today I took maybe 50 pictures, and after that the app started crashing again.

Uninstalled the apps I installed, still crashing.

Couldn't use Bing vision, couldn't use anything. They'd all crash.

Reset phone again, this time didn't restore from backup. Still crashing.

I tried taking the sim out and putting it back in a few more times and that has done nothing. Very frustrated.

Any tips?

jaycenornin

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Except that I haven't done anything to my phone except download a couple of photo slideshow apps. At first, I tried loading up my flashlight app this afternoon and it kept displaying "warming up the flash". I tried loading the camera and it crashes back to start immediately. I rebooted the phone a couple of times, installed an update, and removed one of the slideshow apps. Still nothing. Now the flashlight app crashes immediately to start as well. If I access the camera from another location, i.e. by adding a photo to a contact, it crashes back to that location instead of start.

I still have one of the apps I installed, I like using it though it's a pain in the neck to configure, so I hesitate to remove it. I haven't tried a hard reset either. Eventually I'll get to those steps, but I'd like to avoid it.

Until today, when I installed updates during troubleshooting, my phone has not downloaded or installed updates for several weeks at least. The slideshow apps and normal daily use are the only variables.

jaycenornin

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
After yet another reboot, mine is working again. I think it was that first slide show app. The app didn't work in the first place and it might have interfered with the camera driver. I'm very glad I didn't need to get a new one - I've already had Verizon send me 2 refurbs for battery trouble (turned out to be a faulty charger).

jaycenornin

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Problem is back. I've rebooted several times, and removed the second slideshow app. Still nothing. I'm going to dread another hard reset >.< Almost as much as I would dread getting another replacement. This phone is turning out to be more of a pain than it's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720