Music application, artwork while playing

adders

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is a common question.

I have the HTC8X which i got on Virgin Mobile (UK) yesterday. I love it, and I'm currently at the novelty stage of playing with the live tabs all day!

I understand there is a live tab pre-installed for Nokia phones called Nokia Music. I understand this shows the artwork of the song you are listening to and updates live on your home screen. I assume this is synced from the data held on your itunes/wmp. Is there anything similar which you can download for the HTC. I did some research online and found that i could download Nokia HOME - i think, however when i tried to download it said it did not match my screen resolution and failed to download.

Are there any ways around this - i'm not keen on the band artwork Windows have provided.

Grateful for any comments.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is a common question.

I have the HTC8X which i got on Virgin Mobile (UK) yesterday. I love it, and I'm currently at the novelty stage of playing with the live tabs all day!

I understand there is a live tab pre-installed for Nokia phones called Nokia Music. I understand this shows the artwork of the song you are listening to and updates live on your home screen. I assume this is synced from the data held on your itunes/wmp. Is there anything similar which you can download for the HTC. I did some research online and found that i could download Nokia HOME - i think, however when i tried to download it said it did not match my screen resolution and failed to download.

Are there any ways around this - i'm not keen on the band artwork Windows have provided.

Grateful for any comments.

At this point, Nokia Music is for Nokia Lumia's only.

Have you tried Pandora?

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There's always the MPAtool from the App Store if you want to set album/background artwork yourself for the Xbox music hub on the phone. For background art it will search online and provide numerous choices, or you can choose your own pictures.

I've got all that Xbox Music metadata stuff turned off as a result since i don't find there's a need for it with this tool, plus i don't trust their choices.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb