VZW HTC 8x Update

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
No, the one where Beats Audio doesn't always activate even when it says it does. You had to unplug and replug your headphones in before it actually worked. I was scanning the change log with Hardware Tests, and one change showed something involving Beats Audio, and I'm assuming that's what it was that was fixed. Haven't had a chance to confirm as it's 11:00 at night here, but I will test in the morning.

That's weird. I never had that issue.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If we're really getting into the nitty gritty here, I did a factory reset after updating and my default ringtone changed to "PM Cubes" from the old "VZW Airwaves." Not that anyone really cares. ;)

More importantly, but with less certainty, my cell reception seems to be better. My house is an area with a constant one to two bars of LTE, and when I talk on the phone I have to go to the back of my house for people to be able to understand me. Last night I had a crystal clear conversation (according to my interlocutor) in the front of my house, where people usually can't make out what I'm saying.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
I never did hard reset my 8x but had to delete some games. Over 9gbs of "other storage" (yes I tried shrink storage and other methods). Update went successful.

Yeah so I guess my sim card is stuck since I used tape lol. Oh well.

Last edited:

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC8x Verizon (US)

Here's the info from the 'Hardware Tests' app on this update. There were 82 'packages'/components to this update

updatecrop1.png
updatecrop2.png
updatecrop3.png
updatecrop4.png

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh... so basically everything lol

Well as you can see, the 2/20/13/update (which was Portico) had 389 components. So this was about a quarter the size of that update. But there does seem to be quite a few things tweaked across the board. Maybe one of our s/w experts at the forum here can figure out more precisely as to what the packages/components relate.

harp666

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Update: At least for Verizon users, you are evidently getting this update too and it fixes three items (thanks, aceoforder):
? Fixes the "SIM CARD NOT DETECTED" error
? Fixes an issue with Skype calls not having audio
? A battery-drain bug that can occur when a user enables Internet Sharing and then turns it off

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Same update received international version of this phone.
After analyzing I found that update contains only files from HTC and Qualcomm.
Can't say much about Qualcomm updates, but for HTC I can see that these drivers\services have been updated:
- Low Space service - could it help with other storage now?
- Sensors
- Battery provision
- ACPI
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- Touch panel driver (from Synaptics)
- Headset
and a few other things which is hard to understand by its name. For example "weathervideo",

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey! My clock is always on in the upper right corner, now. Was this always like that?
Also, the ring sounds different, and seems to go back to 21/30 when I wake the phone up.
Still no "other" fix, though.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Same update received international version of this phone.
After analyzing I found that update contains only files from HTC and Qualcomm.
Can't say much about Qualcomm updates, but for HTC I can see that these drivers\services have been updated:
- Low Space service - could it help with other storage now?
- Sensors
- Battery provision
- ACPI
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- Touch panel driver (from Synaptics)
- Headset
and a few other things which is hard to understand by its name. For example "weathervideo",

My other storage went from 2.5GB to 900MB after the update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre