VZW HTC 8x Update

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just did a manual check for a phone update. My Verizon 8x is downloading something now. I already have Portico.
My device last checked for update 20 hours ago (Its 1:30pm EDT now). The details just say HTC Update. Will take 5-10 minutes to complete.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Was just about to post this. Not near a WiFi source. Please give us details! At this point I rather have the cache cleaner before group SMS.

Nick Archambault1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Really hope that's not the only difference. I just changed out my SIM card with Verizon because of the issues with "sim not detected" errors.

I wont stop bashing Verizon until they add group message to HTC 8x.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I sent this tip to WPCentral on Saturday after finding this out from the Rep from VZW. Supposedly fixes 4 issues, although he couldnt get into the details, per nda or something or other. I am suprised that VZW actually hit the date...

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
i just randomly did a manual check for an update because I was bored and I saw this, but i'm not near wifi so I can't download it. so no group sms feature yet huh?! ughhh

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the update earlier today and haven't noticed anything new yet. Same firmware number as the Verizon Update PDF posted by the OP

Firmware 1532.20.20102.605

I was hoping we'd get the Storage cleanup app like Nokia. Fwiw the update was also tagged as from HTC so that fits with the Verizon update info page indicating that it was for HTC 8x alone.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed far better signal reception when on Wifi. Also, they might've fixed the Beats audio issue. It is confirmed that I have witnessed quicker mobile data connectivity.

Last edited:

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just begun downloading the update, looking forward to the "fix sim card detection" bug fix

UPDATE: My update just finished running and the first thing I noticed was that my phone had the volume set lower (21 instead of 25) and when I went to make the ringer louder it gave me a warning about hearing loss. Hopefully this means that a lot of other sound/volume issues have been fixed.

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've just begun downloading the update, looking forward to the "fix sim card detection" bug fix

UPDATE: My update just finished running and the first thing I noticed was that my phone had the volume set lower (21 instead of 25) and when I went to make the ringer louder it gave me a warning about hearing loss. Hopefully this means that a lot of other sound/volume issues have been fixed.

Is the volume any louder on your standard setting? For example, when you set it to 25, is the post-update 25 the same in terms of volume, or louder?

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the volume any louder on your standard setting? For example, when you set it to 25, is the post-update 25 the same in terms of volume, or louder?

It seems to be about the same "loudness" but it does sound a bit different, kind of hard to explain but it seems more of a softer tone instead of being so harsh and sharp

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed far better signal reception when on Wifi. Also, they might've fixed the Beats audio issue. It is confirmed that I have witnessed quicker mobile data connectivity.

Just what was the issue wit the beats audio,?? If you mean when the phone is not on vibrate and you plug in your headset and the confirmation sound lags?

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

WOA DUDE, IT GAVE A WARNING TOO!!! I didn't even realize it because I don't blast my device to death ha.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just what was the issue wit the beats audio,?? If you mean when the phone is not on vibrate and you plug in your headset and the confirmation sound lags?

No, the one where Beats Audio doesn't always activate even when it says it does. You had to unplug and replug your headphones in before it actually worked. I was scanning the change log with Hardware Tests, and one change showed something involving Beats Audio, and I'm assuming that's what it was that was fixed. Haven't had a chance to confirm as it's 11:00 at night here, but I will test in the morning.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
to the best of my observation...
- no new custom tones options for texts or emails
- no MMS APN added....only 'internet APN' which was already there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05