I have seen a few threads on here about the battery life of the 8X and in the most I agree, it isn't great but having come from all of the iPhone series so far I'm not complaining in general as I had to charge that every night BUT!!:

Over the past week I don't get a day out of the 8X and have to (sneakily as personal phones are not allowed in the office, this does mean the phone is set to Silent (ish!!)) USB charge it at work, weekends I just have to put up with the phone dying after 12 hours.

I don't have a lot running, certainly not Nokia Drive or here etc. and I have Battery Sense, WP Central, Engadget, Amazing Weather, BBC News as my updating tiles, obviously People updates and I do check Fb & Twitter (either official, Cowlick, or Rowi) a few times a day. My email (3 x accounts) are set to sync every 30 mins. rather than "full push" and I have removed the HTC native apps as I read that they can drain the battery.

Wi-Fi is on but I have no connection at work but once I get halfway home I can connect to open networks, at home my Wi-Fi of course and remembered Wi-Fi networks (i.e. In-Law's)

I have followed the battery saving tips on here and conditioned the battery; I also notice that Battery Sense shows 4 hours left at 74% whilst the native Battery Saver states 13 hours?! (Pic's hopefully attached)

Am I going to have to raise a support "call" with HTC???

Thanks all
    wp_ss_20130422_0001-1-.jpg wp_ss_20130422_0002.jpg
    04-22-2013 09:24 AM
    Im curious as well, as i just got the 8x, I cant seem to find anything about 'conditioning the battery' however ?
    Vic_Tye likes this.
    04-22-2013 09:48 AM
    So what kind of life are you getting? If you aren't on it all the time it should be easy to make it through the day.

I get about 48 hours with low usage and 6-8 with heavy. Normally in down to maybe mid/high thirties by bed time with moderate use.

I know the thing that helped my battery the most was the email changing to fetch vs push which you already did.

If you think its abnormal try a factory reset. It's not too big a deal to do if your contacts and stuff are saved online. You do lose game progress though.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex
    Vic_Tye likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:00 AM
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

The most I've ever had is 8-10 hrs, never 24 & certainly not the 48 😞
    I think I will have to do a full reset but re backup just in case
    04-22-2013 10:23 AM
    Im curious as well, as i just got the 8x, I cant seem to find anything about 'conditioning the battery' however ?
    Basically let your battery drain fully 5-6 times to condition it (from something I found, whether its true or not is a diff matter lol)
    04-22-2013 11:14 AM
    Make sure that added apps are not running in the background if not necessary (like Linkedin, fb, etc). Also, whether on WP or other platforms I think it has been proven that push mail uses less battery than intermittent loading or checking.
    Vic_Tye likes this.
    04-22-2013 01:45 PM
    Make sure that added apps are not running in the background if not necessary (like Linkedin, fb, etc). Also, whether on WP or other platforms I think it has been proven that push mail uses less battery than intermittent loading or checking.
    Yep. That means set it up to get mail "as it arrives." And I normally leave everything on three push emails, but a couple of weeks ago, I had some bad battery drain. I did a soft reset (hold volume down and power until it resets) and it has been good since then. Today, using my phone a pretty good amount, I am at 67% after 7 hours.
    Vic_Tye likes this.
    04-22-2013 02:07 PM
    Thanks all. I've changed my email now and there's not a lot left running so I'll see how it goes :)
    04-23-2013 01:05 AM