Unlocked Tmob HTC 8X to Tether w/ Unlimited Data

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Big question for Tmobile 8X users. I purchased the HTC 8X with the intent of NOT being able to tether, but two weeks ago a rep told me if I bought an Unlock Code online then I'll be able to tether for free. I unlocked it and still I'm unable to tether. False info or am I doing something wrong?

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK Bad info. Because of the way tethering is baked in, as soon as you turn it on they know if you have tethering. With WP7 I could turn it on and tether as long as I changed the user agent of the browser to that of a mobile browser. Now (i have a 8x w/ tethering) I sometimes get error messages saying I dont have tethering..mostly when my connection is low.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
False info, you need to have a plan.
Doesn't work on my unlocked Samsung wp7 with T-Mobile sim.

I'm on T-Mobile with an 8x and when they switched over to their new non contract plans, they gave out free tethering 500mb for free. I still have it now and don't pay a dime extra.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have a HTC 8X that is FACTORY UNLOCKED. It might be a possibility to tether without paying an extra fee..

roastbeefalo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on a new non-contract plan and was told tethering is free. I am looking at the 8x, but was wondering do I have to buy the t-mobile version of the 8x to get tethering? Or would an unlocked version work, like jnbs suggests?

backlashsid

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same question. I recently did a hard reset and was able to do sharing for a few days. I am on simple mobile which is a MVNO of T Mobile. My question is if I get it sim unlocked by Tmobile and use any other sim card in a diff country...will I be ale to use tethering ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss