Sadly, new Verizon update still does not fix missed call alert when silenced

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess I will be moving to the 928 when it comes out. I love everything else about this phone, but having to turn it off when in meetings or court makes this phone useless for me while working. Seems like this would not be hard to fix.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess I will be moving to the 928 when it comes out. I love everything else about this phone, but having to turn it off when in meetings or court makes this phone useless for me while working. Seems like this would not be hard to fix.

I could be wrong, but I believe that missed call alert is the same on ALL windows phones. If not, then I will be extremely happy when I trade my 8X for a Lumia 928

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe that missed call alert is the same on ALL windows phones. If not, then I will be extremely happy when I trade my 8X for a Lumia 928

It is not - it is only present on the VERIZON 8x. I have talked with Verizon and HTC numerous times and they keep telling me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. The only problem is, it seems to me after so many conversations that Verizon is expecting HTC to fix it and HTC is expecting Verizon to fix it...so it will probably NEVER be fixed.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I posted this a couple of months ago in both of the threads following this issue:

03-26-2013, 08:09 PM FYI, anyone still following this thread. Software update target date is sometime in June to fix this particular issue. Could be sooner or later but they gave me February as the first update timeframe for another issue altogether and it was accurate. We will see. I work for VZ so don't expect every rep you talk to to know this. In fact don't even ask please. LOL. I'll share what I find out as I'm pretty invested in this matter.

That's all I know. But it is still May. Maybe they will come through.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It is not - it is only present on the VERIZON 8x. I have talked with Verizon and HTC numerous times and they keep telling me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. The only problem is, it seems to me after so many conversations that Verizon is expecting HTC to fix it and HTC is expecting Verizon to fix it...so it will probably NEVER be fixed.

LOL @ that bold part, and nobody fixes it in the end.

wescoerg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You guys should know that this is an issue with the Lumia 822 as well. So my guess is that it is a Verizon or Microsoft issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism