8x draing battery while turned off

DeanBlakely

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery performance on my 8x seems ok when using it throughout the day. however, if I turn the phone off while it is fully charged and turn it back on a day or two later the battery is nearly drained. what could be draining the battery while the phoneis turned off. My old samsung Focus WP7 phone never did this.

thanks,
Gary

tbsteph1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, today I noticed the same issue - my red 8X on Verizon went from about 45% battery life to 2% in about 8 hours while turned off. This rate of discharge is much higher than leaving the phone on while idle. Makes little or no sense to me.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Is there a quick start option somewhere? I noticed the same thing on my Droid DNA where the phone would be flat if I turned it off and left it for a couple of days. It turns out there is an option which is more of a deep sleep than a true off, in that it keeps some stuff alive in memory using battery power to do so. I guess it's useful if you fly a lot and turn off your phone like they ask you too - it saves a few seconds at bootup time. Since that is also an HTC phone I'm wondering if there is something similar going on. Turning off quick boot fixed the problem on the android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans