Bing Maps and GPS Voice Navigation questions.

Bubu91

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Do Bing Maps feature voice guided navigation on the 8x? If yes is it available only with a data connection?

I noticed that the GPS Voice Navgation app got the ability to download offline maps in the last update, through nokia maps (offline). Is it possible to download the whole map of europe? Is it free?

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Do Bing Maps feature voice guided navigation on the 8x (or nokia)? If yes is it available only with a data connection?

I noticed that the GPS Voice Navgation app got the ability to download offline maps in the last update, through nokia maps (offline). Is it possible to download the whole map of europe? Is it free?

You posted in the 8X but also are asking about the answer for a Nokia too. To answer the Nokia part, you aren't going to use the Bing app but will use the HERE app. On any phone with HERE Drive+ (920, 820, 620) you can do ALL you are asking. Voice directions for every country you want (that is available), all offline.

I am pretty sure the HTC 8X works the same way as the other phones with HERE Drive. (no plus). You can get the offline maps with voice directions for only the country you registered the phone in.

Give this a read, it might help a bit: Why don't Lumia 720, Lumia 520 Windows Phones support HERE Drive+? Nokia explains. | Windows Phone Central

Bubu91

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
You posted in the 8X but also are asking about the answer for a Nokia too. To answer the Nokia part, you aren't going to use the Bing app but will use the HERE app. On any phone with HERE Drive+ (920, 820, 620) you can do ALL you are asking. Voice directions for every country you want (that is available), all offline.

I am pretty sure the HTC 8X works the same way as the other phones with HERE Drive. (no plus). You can get the offline maps with voice directions for only the country you registered the phone in.

Give this a read, it might help a bit: Why don't Lumia 720, Lumia 520 Windows Phones support HERE Drive+? Nokia explains. | Windows Phone Central

I don't rly care about here drive because it doesn't support my country. In EU it has only Spain, UK, Germany, Italy, France and that's it I think.

Anyway forget I mentioned nokia:p (I edited the op).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers