Do Bing Maps feature voice guided navigation on the 8x? If yes is it available only with a data connection?

I noticed that the GPS Voice Navgation app got the ability to download offline maps in the last update, through nokia maps (offline). Is it possible to download the whole map of europe? Is it free?
    Last edited by Bubu91; 05-01-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    05-01-2013 03:56 AM
    Do Bing Maps feature voice guided navigation on the 8x (or nokia)? If yes is it available only with a data connection?

I noticed that the GPS Voice Navgation app got the ability to download offline maps in the last update, through nokia maps (offline). Is it possible to download the whole map of europe? Is it free?
    You posted in the 8X but also are asking about the answer for a Nokia too. To answer the Nokia part, you aren't going to use the Bing app but will use the HERE app. On any phone with HERE Drive+ (920, 820, 620) you can do ALL you are asking. Voice directions for every country you want (that is available), all offline.

I am pretty sure the HTC 8X works the same way as the other phones with HERE Drive. (no plus). You can get the offline maps with voice directions for only the country you registered the phone in.

Give this a read, it might help a bit: Why don't Lumia 720, Lumia 520 Windows Phones support HERE Drive+? Nokia explains. | Windows Phone Central
    05-01-2013 10:24 AM
    You posted in the 8X but also are asking about the answer for a Nokia too. To answer the Nokia part, you aren't going to use the Bing app but will use the HERE app. On any phone with HERE Drive+ (920, 820, 620) you can do ALL you are asking. Voice directions for every country you want (that is available), all offline.

I am pretty sure the HTC 8X works the same way as the other phones with HERE Drive. (no plus). You can get the offline maps with voice directions for only the country you registered the phone in.

Give this a read, it might help a bit: Why don't Lumia 720, Lumia 520 Windows Phones support HERE Drive+? Nokia explains. | Windows Phone Central
    I don't rly care about here drive because it doesn't support my country. In EU it has only Spain, UK, Germany, Italy, France and that's it I think.

Anyway forget I mentioned nokia:P (I edited the op).
    05-01-2013 11:54 AM
    I don't rly care about here drive because it doesn't support my country. In EU it has only Spain, UK, Germany, Italy, France and that's it I think.

Anyway forget I mentioned nokia:P (I edited the op).
    haha, ok, I am no help then :)
    05-01-2013 03:55 PM