You can pick up a paperclip with your 8x.....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing happend to me, I took my 8X and put it on my desk here at work. I did not notice there was a paperclip under it. When I picked up the phone, the paperclip was attached to the bottom(on the back under the speaker). I was like WTF ??? Anyway, I guess it has a big magnet in the speaker in the phone becuase it picked it up...

Wanted to share...

It was one of those WTF moments in the day, everyone has them...

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe many physicians had WTF moments in their lives :D

Nice discovery! Reminds me of the Curiosity Show I watched when I was a kid. Have to look it up in YT now ...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just tried myself with a staple, and while it isn't something you would think to try, it is hardly surprising given how speakers work.

I would be cool to have a load of paper clips standing up on the back of the phone like dominoes though!

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
That's why I never let it get too close to my wallet. Might damage the credit cards, right?
it cannot damage the magnetic stripe. Even with a commercial magnet or variable electo magnet, you cannot erase the strip.

Also, magnets are required fir any size speaker to work. Depending on rarity of metals used in speaker, the magnet could be small but really powerful.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss