Hi everyone, this is my first post in WPCentral community.

I'm having an issue with my HTC 8X. Does anyone of you have a degradation of sound quality in third party apps?
    Listening my music through WP native Music app does have a good sound. As I am music lover, I have installed many of third party apps (Audiocloud, Mixtapes, TuneIn Radio, etc.) and the sound coming from device through headphones or external speakers is really horrible.

First I thought it was app problem, but I every other third party app I tried, I have the same issue. I downloaded the apps on my iPod touch (4th generation), and there isn't low quality sound and degradation compared to native Music app.

Before 8X I had 8S and I had the same problem.

Can it be that Windows Phone doesn't allow third party apps to go through built-in DAC, and sound processing becomes CPU processing only task?

Have you had problems I have? Also I have a range quality headphones and earphones from Sennheiser, so that can't be problem.

Do you have some advice? I live in Croatia so HTC support in my country is limited.

Thank you!
    05-04-2013 06:01 AM
    I've experienced a bug like this with the 8X and I believe I had to restart the phone to get better audio quality when the apps sounded worse than the native apps.
    05-04-2013 11:02 AM
    Thank you, that solved my problem
    05-04-2013 12:59 PM