Phone call volume too low? I know how to fix it.

rdef

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I noticed I was having to crank the phone call volume way up to 9/10 or 10/10 to be able to hear people clearly lately. I also saw my charging light was barely visible through the speaker grill. I cleaned the speaker grill, and it made a HUGE difference. The charging light is bright, and the call volume is WAY louder.

Cleaning the grill took a little patience. I plucked a single bristle from my toothbrush, and then drove the single bristle in and out of each and every tiny hole using a tweezer. After that I gave it a good vacuuming. The process took about twenty minutes. :smile:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Good tip but I only talk on my phone thru my car BT or Bose BT earpeice. I very very rarely put the actual phone to my ear.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

Adanos

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, thank you sooo much :D You saved my nerves, my phone was being so close to being broken into pieces XD
Toothebrush+vacum saved me.

Djordje Nijemcevic

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, it really works!
I was planing to buy a new phone, and, in the same time, thinking of the most creative way of destroying the current one, since this issue was pissing me off every single day...

One doesn't have to use the single bristle, pressing the ones from the toothbrush's tip against the speaker will make them go into the holes. I used a canned air afterwards.

shekharsac

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I am facing the same problem of low call volume. It seems from most answers that cleaning with a toothbrush would solve the problem.
I am facing low volume while using htc earphones as well. Why should the earphone volume be low if the problem is with call speakers??

Thanks

Saddam Hossain3

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
grate dear. i want to tell you thanks for 1000 times. it worked for my HTC 8x Windows. i was disturbed with my phone like i planing to throw to dustbin because no one want to buy even. thanks thanks thanks thanks. but still my mic sound is very low mean other side person can't hear me. and i want to update windows 10 preview. will you help on this two matter .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs