Hi there,
    I recently got the HTC 8X, and I'm having a lot of trouble with the "contacts" aspect of it.
    It will ONLY allow me to add hotmail contacts, (the phone is set up with my Xbox Live profile).
    I have tried deleting all my old hotmail contacts, but they still appear in the phone.
    Is there anyway to just add normal contacts? without them being through any email service?

I tried adding my gmail account so that I could put them as gmail contacts assuming that there is not way to have them without being linked to email,
    but the phone doesn't accept my gmail...

this is honestly making me very frustrated, as I want to be able to go through my PHONE contacts without seeing all my old HOTMAIL contacts.
    05-10-2013 12:50 PM
    If you go to the People hub you can tap menu (three white dots at the bottom of the screen) and then settings. Now tap filter my contact list then untick Hotmail.
    05-10-2013 02:28 PM
    It's 2013 and you are only saving contacts locally to the phone?! what?! That's too much work, save them to a connected service so you don't lose them.
    05-10-2013 09:11 PM
    It's 2013 and you are only saving contacts locally to the phone?! what?! That's too much work, save them to a connected service so you don't lose them.
    Amen to that! I haven't stored contacts on a phone since around 2002 when I started messing around with WM.
    Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express
    05-11-2013 09:50 AM