scrolling jag/jumpy when keep fingers on screen

shuiwutiancao

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the device last week, and found slight jag when I slowly scroll up and down on the screen (I mean keep my finger on the screen). It happens on start page, app list...Btw, mycreen magnifer is off.
It doesnt happen if I scroll fast tho.
Is this common for 8X or should I get a replacement? thx guys

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this issue with my 8X. Except in Board Express though :|

Do you have the latest firmware (provider dependant)?
Sent from fabulous Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the device last week, and found slight jag when I slowly scroll up and down on the screen (I mean keep my finger on the screen). It happens on start page, app list...Btw, mycreen magnifer is off.
It doesnt happen if I scroll fast tho.
Is this common for 8X or should I get a replacement? thx guys

I noticed this with my 8X too, but it happens randomly. I usually notice it when the phone is plugged into the charger. I have had nothing but problems with my HTC 8X, and I can't wait to get rid of it for a Lumia. I suggest you do the same if possible.

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I've found interesting thing, not sure if it proves anything but at least it could be a potential reason for this scroll jitter. I've looked at how WP work with touch and find out that they actually differentiate scrolling by dragging finger across the screen which they call simply DRAG, and just flicking the screen to scroll which they specify as FLICK. That's a fact so there is actual difference between dragging and flicking which some of us see. Now remember that this micro stutter looks like a content of the screen that is being scrolled sort of jumps number of times. Well Microsoft specify that when people start moving finger across the screen manipulation event called ManipulationStart occurs and than during drag ManipulationDelta event occurs number of times until movement stops, to notify system where exactly users finger is. Did you see this certain similarity there? System deals with touch by firing delta event multiple times like screen jumps multiple times, but when we just flick the screen and lift our finger from screen no delta event occurs as same as there is no jumping of content that has been scrolled. I know it could be nothing and I really don't understand how WP work and how rich works but it sounds pretty concurrent to me. Also if that's how it is, it would mean that this phenomenon is actually how system itself works and thus all windows phone devices as well. And that would mean that some of us are seeing things or others doesn't see this thing that is clearly there :D. Otherwise power of placebo effect ;). What do you thing could this be proof that this scrolling jitter affects all Lumia phones and possible source of this "issue"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss