Considering a Reset

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 8X since December and I've noticed after some of the recent updates that my phone has been having issues where screen movements are choppy or apps outright stall out.

Debating on doing a reset and wanted to know what other people's experiences have been if they've tried doing a reset to improve performance. I'm also interesting in doing this since my "Other" storage has grown to 5GBs after the latest update from Verizon.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you may be running out of space. Not sure how much space you have left on your 8X but I would recommend download the app called "Phone Storage Cleanup" http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=7112c24b-3e72-4dd2-8105-606e9d04b58f. I used on my 810 and it cleared about 1.2GB of the "other" storage. Takes some time but run it a few times and it should help clean up some of that storage and hopefully that should help apps run smoother too.

Edit... Using this app, I was able to get my "other" storage down to 1.55GB.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8X since December and I've noticed after some of the recent updates that my phone has been having issues where screen movements are choppy or apps outright stall out.

Debating on doing a reset and wanted to know what other people's experiences have been if they've tried doing a reset to improve performance. I'm also interesting in doing this since my "Other" storage has grown to 5GBs after the latest update from Verizon.

You are experiencing the problem most of us HTC 8X Verizon users are experiencing. This is a serious bug with the Verizon version of the phone, and it seems other carriers are not affected.

Plenty of members here have stated that resetting the phone to factory default WILL NOT fix the lag issues. My phone will freeze for up to 30 seconds sometimes. The phone freezes the most while typing text messages. when the phone freezes, I can't even turn my screen off. Pressing the lock button does nothing.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I reset my phone all the time (I guess I'm kind of OCD). I highly recommend it - after all, it can't make anything worse. I am still getting a little bit of lag - usually about one second when typing a text message, but that's it. One second doesn't sound too bad, but it's a little bit annoying bc you have to stop typing and wait for the phone to catch up.

Workbook89

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here and also considering a reset.

My 8X has been working perfectly for months, and after the latest update (updated this morning), there is a significant lag periodically when typing a text message. Does not appear to be any rhyme or reason, and I have not noticed any other issues (yet).

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Decided to take the dive last night and do a full reset on my device.

First off, it's been nice to regain my storage back:
wp_ss_20130513_0001.png
It's been interesting to see what installing apps and doing initial work on my phone did to Other storage, which isn't very large but has grown from the initial install.

Performance seems to be better, but we'll see if that lasts. Decided not to restore my backup but the phone did reload my messages, which was interesting to watch happen.

Overall a good experience, except my Photos hub is empty for now and the result is backgrounds being screenshots, lol.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99