8tc 8x blacklisted

parkee99

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a T-mobile HTC 8x from craigslist. I called T-mobile to check the IMEI and they told me it was good. I had the person give me a receipt transferring ownership of the phone. I had T-mobile add the phone to my account. Wednesday the phone could not get a signal so I called in and found out it was blocked and they will not do anything to unblock it. I explained that I called in and added it to my account but to no avail.

The reason I purchased this phone is because I had a cracked screen on another 8X. I purchased a new lcd/screen but that phone is now in a boot loop and I could not get the outside case flush with the screen. I know it is illegal to change the IMEI on the newer blocked phone, but is there anyway to use the IMEI on the boot looped phone without switching out the motherboard. I basically have two useless HTC 8x phones right now that are less than two months old.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Normally T-Mobile doesn't do imei checks (at least that's what I've been told). So when you say the phone was blocked, explain a little bit more...do you mean that it was actually a bad imei (stolen, bad account, etc.) and therefore on the bad imei list? If this is the case, you have a right to open a buyer protection case on eBay if its been less than 45 days.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Peacefulberry, the person bought it on Craigslist, not ebay...

Now why did I see eBay when it clearly says Craigslist? Who knows...Lol! Well, that's pretty hard. You can't return it. I think their best bet is to sell it as a bad imei phone to get most of their money back and buy it from eBay next time to ensure that they're covered by buyer protection if it happens again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss