Set your privacy settings to friends only
    05-20-2013 01:28 PM
    I have looked through the last few pages and found nothing close to my problem. It could be user error, I am not sure. I have issues specifically with facebook. If I check in or post an image it automitically sets it so only I can see it. I have looked in settings under facebook multiple times and can not find anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Any easy way to fix it?

Also I am getting daily notifications from facebook about 'friends' birthdays. I don't care who is having a birthday. I thought I turned that off but apparently I can't.

Help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks!
    05-20-2013 02:10 PM
    Hello, let's see if we can resolve these issues
    First issue... check your privacy settings for the apps "Microsoft" "Windows Phone" and "Facebook for Windows Phone" - make sure they're set to the settings you want, this is done on the FB website but can't remember how.
    Second issue... Are these calendar notifications from FB? If so, you'll need to delete your birthday calendar on the Outlook website in the Calendar section. Again can't remember how to do it off-hand.
    05-20-2013 02:29 PM
    Hello, let's see if we can resolve these issues
    First issue... check your privacy settings for the apps "Microsoft" "Windows Phone" and "Facebook for Windows Phone" - make sure they're set to the settings you want, this is done on the FB website but can't remember how.
    Second issue... Are these calendar notifications from FB? If so, you'll need to delete your birthday calendar on the Outlook website in the Calendar section. Again can't remember how to do it off-hand.
    I did both of those things and I think hopefully now it will be fixed. Thanks!
    05-20-2013 02:50 PM
    One more question if anyone is still checking here. Is there a free app for navigation. One thing I miss so much about my android was the google maps navigation.

Thanks!
    05-20-2013 03:18 PM
    One more question if anyone is still checking here. Is there a free app for navigation. One thing I miss so much about my android was the google maps navigation.

Thanks!
    I have a nokia so I just use their Nav apps but I've heard Gmaps is great. I can't speak for it but I'm sure others on here can.
    05-20-2013 03:24 PM

Thanks!
    Use Here Drive and Here Maps and forget about the rest...you can still give GMaps a try if you are inseparable from Google Maps
    05-20-2013 03:31 PM
    Use Here Drive and Here Maps and forget about the rest...you can still give GMaps a try if you are inseparable from Google Maps
    The Nokia apps are definitely the best. I'm new to Windows phone as well so I wasn't sure if you could use them on an HTC.
    05-20-2013 03:47 PM
    I had tried GMaps and didn't have much luck. I will check out the other one. Thanks!
    05-20-2013 04:11 PM
    The Nokia apps are definitely the best. I'm new to Windows phone as well so I wasn't sure if you could use them on an HTC.
    Yes you can use them on WP8s only
    05-21-2013 08:01 AM