HTC 8X slight gap between body and screen

PsychoPutte

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

So I've had my HTC 8X for about 2 months now, and while I really like the phone, I've noticed the body getting slightly loose. When applying slight pressure on the right side of the case where the volume buttons are, it becomes a gap between the screen and the body, where I easily can stick my nail in etc. I've also noticed a slight movement when pressing on the back of the phone, slightly above the HTC logo.

Now my question, is it supposed to be like this, and how are you others experiencing the build quality of your HTC 8Xs? Anything like mine?

Thanks in advance

PsychoPutte

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I see, to me it feels weird that such an ''expensive'' phone should have loose corners and such. Hopefully we'll get some clarification whether it should be like this or not.

SLampard1990

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem since having the screen replaced after a break, mine has a 1mm gap near the charge point (you can see the lights through it) The company that repaired the phone said its the way it has been made, the screen needs to be glued into the casing and clamped to allow it to stay in, perhaps the glue isnt very durable?

DynamicRam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The housing is glued to the display/mainboard so maybe you can try heating the front of the phone & then press the loose part for a minute

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss