HTC 8X keyboard problem

Iguana29

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I recently got my HTC 8X, quite nice bit of kit but... I'm having a problem with keyboard. I use two languages - Polish and English and everything is fine while the keyboard is in English but when I switch to Polish it becomes almost impossible to type the letter 'l', especially in txt messages. Emails are usually OK, if I turn the phone to the side then everything is fine. Any ideas what could be the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Edit: Just noticed the same problem with letter 'o'. When I tap it it kind of jumps to either 'i' or 'p'. Very annoying.

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it a problem while the phone is in portrait? (Maybe it's because it may be a problem with how large your fingers are, or *gasps* there's a problem with the touchscreen)

Try a soft reset, or restart your phone. Or, maybe clean your touchscreen?

Iguana29

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, only happens in portrait and only with letters l and o. My fingers are not too big, this is not my first touch screen phone, actually my 3rd windows phone (also had android an iphone before) and never had a problem like that before. Screen is clean too. Weird stuff.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Polish keyboard since I got my 8X about 2 months ago: No problems with any keys. Sorry for you!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

bugmenot10

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, not sure if this is the same issue, but I was having problems too and worked out there is a strip on the touchscreen, about 3cm down from the top, which does not work.

For example, my camera icon does not launch the camera when I touch it. The icons above and below it work. But when I scroll the camera icon up a little, it works.

On my calculator, the + symbol (all the symbols on that line in fact) do not work. They are in the same location as the camera icon.

When I browse the internet or play games, any time I need to interact and it is in that part of the screen, it does not work (e.g. entering a password, I have to scroll the password box to the bottom to get it to work).

Aristorrat

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem, every time I typed the letter 'T' or 'P' the keyboard would disappear. I hard reset it, soft reset it, nothing would fix the problem, so I change the language to UK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3