Strange (and annoying) behaviour when battery is flat

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else come across this strange behaviour when their battery is flat ?

On a few occasions I have had a flat battery and every time I connect the charger the phone vibrates every few seconds, but does not start up. This can continue for 5 or 10 minutes before the phone finally boots up.

What I think is happening, since the vibrate seems to be the usual one that indicates the phone is booting up, is that the phone is trying to switch on but fails to do so because of the battery being so flat.

This wouldn't be a problem apart from the fact that every time it vibrates it is probably draining a fair proportion of the charge it has received in the second or so since the last vibrate it did ! Which of course is why it then takes so long to start up again

I am fairly sure that it didn't have this strange behaviour when it was new so it must be either a fault that has developed, or I presume more likely to be an OS bug.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 always try to boot up whenever you charge it. Since the battery is extremely low, it cannot do so. so it gets stuck in a boot loop.
it sucks I know WP8 is the only OS that always boot up whenever u plug in.

lesson: don't let your battery goes below 10%. heck charge it ASAP when it is low, <20%

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine tries to boot and since the battery is flat, a charging battery animation shows up on the screen until it accumulates enough energy in order to boot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes