So, seeing as how Verizon's HTC 8x comes unlocked, I took the liberty of buying one for my girlfriend at the local mall for a easy $180. And sure, it comes unlocked. However I wasn't counting on Verizon being generous enough not to include a catch. That catch being that they removed the "Add MMS APN" option under the Cellular data.

This presents a problem.

This phone is unable to send or receive MMS because of this. And I also don't get more than EDGE speeds due to being unable to edit the apn. The Cellular Connection app (or whatever) is out of the question too.

Calling, regular texting, and EDGE data works just fine. But not MMS or 3G/4G.

What to do?
    06-02-2013 03:36 PM
    Sell it, or switch to Verizon.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-02-2013 05:25 PM
    Damn it. Still no workaround then huh. I'll look into trading it on Craigslist or something then.
    06-03-2013 02:11 AM
    Is the 3g/4g part of the MMS APN? I see you can edit internet APN.
    06-03-2013 07:55 AM
    Is the 3g/4g part of the MMS APN? I see you can edit internet APN.
    Its under the cellular settings and its set to 4G however this makes no difference. It could just be that the Verizon variant doesn't support T-Mobile's 3G/4G frequencies, save for their refarmed areas (which are few and far between for the time being). However, that still is no excuse for being unable to send MMS or edit the corresponding APN. My unlocked AT&T Focus Flash works on T-Mobile just fine with MMS and Data (with 2G speeds obviously).
    06-03-2013 06:42 PM
    How'd you get the Focus Flash MMS to work on T-Mobile? I've tried everything and nothing works.
    06-05-2013 04:17 AM
    How'd you get the Focus Flash MMS to work on T-Mobile? I've tried everything and nothing works.
    Have you tried deleting the Proxy Address, Domain, and Port? Because that's how I got it working.
    06-09-2013 12:02 AM
    Did you try putting it in global mode?
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
    06-11-2013 07:26 PM
    Where would that setting even be?
    06-11-2013 07:56 PM
    Settings>cellular>mode selection
    06-12-2013 01:39 PM
    Possible I have that option and you might not because I'm using an actual Verizon SIM card. So that might be why. Idk.
    06-12-2013 11:24 PM
    You're right. Its not an option for me. I can see where I'm supposed to tap but its greyed out.
    06-14-2013 12:24 AM
    That might be a problem with having the Verizon 8x. Its still considered to only be cdma, but my guess is that option for global mode is either crappy GSM or out of country cdma networks.
    06-14-2013 08:07 AM
    Oh well, I sold it on ebay and am buying the T-Mobile variant
    06-14-2013 11:56 PM
    I recall there is someway to download nokia apps on a 8x using fiddler2 and a proxy. Look it up on xda-developers. The reason I'm telling you this is because there is an app from nokia which allows you to edit your MMS and the other apn. If needed, I can post a step by step guide on how to do this if needed
    12-27-2013 09:25 PM
    I recall there is someway to download nokia apps on a 8x using fiddler2 and a proxy. Look it up on xda-developers. The reason I'm telling you this is because there is an app from nokia which allows you to edit your MMS and the other apn. If needed, I can post a step by step guide on how to do this if needed
    A step by step on that would be AWESOME. Thanks in advance.
    illhelp likes this.
    12-28-2013 12:24 PM
    orion 26

could you please send me the step by step guide to get mms on verizon HTC working for t-mobile. thanks in advance
    illhelp likes this.
    03-07-2014 07:58 AM
    Sure Guys...

1. Download fiddler2
    2.Inside fiddler, press CTRL and R at the same time
    3. Search the following line,

static function OnDetach() {
    // MessageBox.Show("Fiddler is no longer the system proxy");
    }

Below the bracket for that line, copy this message,

static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {
    if (oSession.uriContains ("HTC"))
    {
    oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace ("HTC", "Nokia");
    }

Now, open CMD on your computer and type ipconfig. Note the IPV4 address.

Now go to your phone and go to the WiFi settings and press the WiFi network that your phone and computer is connected on.

Turn your proxy on and enter the IPV4 address in the Server/URL address and put in 8888 in the port. Press the check button to save.

Now, go to the store and press HTC apps. If you did it correctly, a variety of apps that are not HTC will come up

Now, download SysAppPusher from the store on your phone and when you open it, then click access point and download it. You may now edit your APN in the settings after it has downloaded :)
    03-09-2014 07:57 PM
    Sure Guys...

1. Download fiddler2
    2.Inside fiddler, press CTRL and R at the same time
    3. Search the following line,

static function OnDetach() {
    // MessageBox.Show("Fiddler is no longer the system proxy");
    }

Below the bracket for that line, copy this message,

static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {
    if (oSession.uriContains ("HTC"))
    {
    oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace ("HTC", "Nokia");
    }

Now, open CMD on your computer and type ipconfig. Note the IPV4 address.

Now go to your phone and go to the WiFi settings and press the WiFi network that your phone and computer is connected on.

Turn your proxy on and enter the IPV4 address in the Server/URL address and put in 8888 in the port. Press the check button to save.

Now, go to the store and press HTC apps. If you did it correctly, a variety of apps that are not HTC will come up

Now, download SysAppPusher from the store on your phone and when you open it, then click access point and download it. You may now edit your APN in the settings after it has downloaded :)
    Attached Thumbnails capture.png  
    03-09-2014 08:01 PM
    Illhelp,

When i follow your instructions, I end up just not having internet access on my phone. Any hints?

Thank you so much for putting the directions on this forum. I've been looking for a solution for days and I'm hoping this one turns out. Thanks.
    06-21-2014 04:08 PM
    Found these instructions. The step I was missing was enabling the proxy in Fiddler2. Thanks again, Illhelp.
    Running Nokia and Samsung WP8 apps on the HTC 8x | Adam's Code Blog
    06-30-2014 01:53 PM
    thanks for all the info on this, i just tried and as it was installing access point i went back and installed another app i wanted, when i went to launch access point, it was gone, hidden. cant find it, cant uninstall it, when i click on access point from SysAppPusher it launches the store and only gives me the share option.

is this dead? did i do something wrong? any help appreciated.
    10-28-2014 04:31 PM
    It shows up as a new category in the settings app, you did nothing wrong :) its there
    11-16-2014 06:42 PM