Email Account won't sync

Im Your Father

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so i was trying to connect my school email account to the 8x, so i put in all the information and it said it couldn't connect and it suggested i go under advanced set-up, and put in all that extra stuff too. Luckily, my school released a pdf with all the information i needed to put in, so i tried again. Thing is, in the meantime, i had changed my password from something really long, to something shorter, to save time in trying to set it up. So after i had gone through and put everything in, with the new password and everything, when i press sign in, it says attention is required. When i click in on that, it says the account info is incorrect, and the password is highlighted.... here's the thing. The password that is highlighted (which is preventing it from being able to sign in) is the long password, a lot more characters than my current one. I have tried putting in my new one and pressing save, and the same thing happens again. I have also tried changing my password back to what it was, restarting my phone, everything. I have been trying to figure this out for the past month and a half.......... Help please??
Is there any way to reset the information for a specific account? so that the next time i try to set it up, it doesn't use outdated information?

Im Your Father

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have deleted and readded the account more times than i care to remember. I even tried changing the account name it saves it under, hoping it would not draw on the original information i put in, but it still does the same thing. I don't really understand. If you are never able to sync a new password, how could that be?? I have to change my school email password every 3 months. It seems like it should be pretty straightforward, you just put in the updated account info and press save, but it keeps coming up with the original password i put in over a month ago.. it doesn't make sense.

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. After much tweaking I went to add the Outlook account again but saw Hotmail below it. On a whim I added the Hotmail account with the same login/password and bingo everything synced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss