Windows Phone Newb Question

Vic Deng

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just got a hand on the HTC 8x.

So far, is pretty good, but i got a few questions for the 8x users.

1. Is it correct, there is not a disable function for screen rotation?

2. "Battery Status" app does not show updated battery percentage on start screen, any suggestion or better apps?

3. What do you guys use for forum use? Like a "tapa talk" alternative?

4. is there any apps for wifi, location, toggle switch that i can pin to start screen?

5. Can you manage to control which map to use location service, instead of every time, i have to go into location, and turn on allow my location?

Thanks guys.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just got a hand on the HTC 8x.

So far, is pretty good, but i got a few questions for the 8x users.

1. Is it correct, there is not a disable function for screen rotation?
Yes. you cant disable auto rotation, but if you want to lock it for web browsing you should use UC Browser | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
2. "Battery Status" app does not show updated battery percentage on start screen, any suggestion or better apps?
third party live tiles are updated every 30 minutes, not realtime. Anyway here is a good app: Battery Info | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
3. What do you guys use for forum use? Like a "tapa talk" alternative?
I use IE10 or sometimes UC Browser.

4. is there any apps for wifi, location, toggle switch that i can pin to start screen?
Many:
ConnectivityShortcuts | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Connectivity Settings | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Connectivity Tiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Also the "battery info" app i mentioned above has toggles built in, everything is in a single page so if you wish to save space and not pin wifi/bluetooth/network tiles separately, you can just use that battery tile.

5. Can you manage to control which map to use location service, instead of every time, i have to go into location, and turn on allow my location?
i have no idea, Lumia uses Here Maps by default. & i suggest keep the location turned on, its not a big battery drainer.

Thanks guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss