Hey

Ive been playing with my 8x for a day now, and to be honest im quite impressed with it ! I did upgrade from a htc desire s lol

I especially like how well the speech works on it when txting without having to unlock it

Couple of questions though, i checked wiki and can see that the last firmware update was back in December 2012, has microsoft giving up with its support for the 8x or will they be releasing more updates in the future more features etc ??

Why is there a facebook app in the store when the 8x already has a facebook feature in the people section? whats better ?

How come there isnt a official youtube app? Im using metro at the mo

Thanks !!
    06-09-2013 03:18 AM
    Hello enjoy your 8X. No MS will continue to support for phone for 2 years. With updates. And major ones like wp8.1 also for the Facebook app I reccomend Facebook beta. And there is a youtube in the store bit had to be taking down for updating should be back in the store soon :-)
    HybridAlien likes this.
    06-09-2013 03:29 AM
    Windows Phone 8 is guaranteed 18 months of support and will soon receive the GDR2 update. There are other updates planned as well.
    The Facebook feature built in to the OS is just your basic access to Facebook but the apps available are supposed to offer more features.
    There isn't an official YouTube app because Google haven't bothered to create one for WP 8. However, MS published one recently but had to remove it because Google complained that it didn't show any adverts within the app, thus depriving the owners of videos their revenues. Stay tuned for a re-release of the MS YouTube app with add support as they may bring it out. I've still got the original one which is excellent.
    HybridAlien likes this.
    06-09-2013 03:30 AM
    Cool looking forward to 8.1, im glad there still supporting it

Thanks guys
    06-09-2013 03:33 AM
    Another question
    how do i set the phone up to receive emails from my g mail even when the phone is locked, i only receive emails when im actually on the phone or unlocked it and not when say the phone is next to my bedside locked
    06-09-2013 06:10 AM
    In your Gmail, 3 dots, settings, sync settings, set the time as you wish. Also, lock screen, and make sure email is in the list of notify. Prolly should set a sound for emails too if you haven't yet.

Welcome to the club
    06-23-2013 11:12 AM