NO Store updates notifications

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X and I have not received any notification of application updates. I know that the application has an upgrade, because when I go to application in the store it offered me an update. After that, number 1 appears at the store live tile. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not yet...

Strange but sometimes it checks for updates automatically, however, it has happened to me only twice for 8 months.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Been having this problem myself for sometime. I found a thread here about removing the tile, rebooting the phone, repining and then rebooting and it fixes it. Well it did fix it for me the very first time I did that and it's been broken again ever since. I too would appreciate a fix here.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Been having this problem myself for sometime. I found a thread here about removing the tile, rebooting the phone, repining and then rebooting and it fixes it. Well it did fix it for me the very first time I did that and it's been broken again ever since. I too would appreciate a fix here.

I tried it but it didn't work here :/

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Just a follow up as I actually got 15 notifications yesterday! I happened to be on a mobile trip for work and shut off wifi, it must have pinged over cellular. Maybe having wifi always on it a problem?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried the: "unpin store tile, clear the IE cache, reboot the phone and pin store tile back" trick but it didn't work. Waited an entire day and no updates showed up on my store tile.

I then went to: Settings ------> find my phone and unticked the "Send apps to my phone ...." waited 5 seconds and ticked it again.

About 1 hour later, ALL THE UPDATES SHOWED UP ON MY STORE TILE !!!

Let's see if it sticks though but so far, I'm happy this worked !!!... :smile:

Last edited:

Stravincy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I also tried every single tip and trick. Nothing works.
Someone here mentioned it may be because of constant WiFi on, but I used to always get new Store updates even with my WiFi on.
So we can single out that.

Edit: Didn't pay attention to which subforum this was. I have this problem on my Lumia 620.

Last edited:

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I finally managed to get the updates. Here's what I did (I do not know exactly what helped, but this is all I did).
- Factory reset phone
- Turn ON Find my phone
- Unpin store
- Erase IE history
- Install a new keyboard (any language you did not downloaded)
- After it installs, it will automatically reset the phone. Takes about 10 minutes
- Uninstall the keyboard
- Do a soft reset (volume down + power)
- Re-pin store.

Updates not received immediately. It's been 10 hours until I got the update. I do not know if I will continue to get them, and if it is now fixed.

LEFT KOYL

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The problem for my solved.
Stop for one day to have WiFi open.
Use full 3G/H+ data and GPS enabled.
After one day you will have the store updates on WiFi active again but I do not know for how long...!

Valiko1996

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have slightly different problem. Updates for various games and applications are regularly coming to my Lumia 920. But some games not updated, neither automatically nor manually. I noticed this for two games for now. When I go to game's page on Windows Store from my PC I see v.1.2 but on my phone I have v.1.0 installed. When I find this game via Windows Store it says the game is already installed. Who's fault is it? Windows Phone 8, or game provider? Or maybe it depends on the country (market)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720