Hello there, I'm thinking of buying an 8x but I have some questions:
    - How is the battery life after the update?
    - How is the camera? How fast does it take to shoot photos? I can't find samples shot in good conditions on the internet.
    - How long will the battery last in airplane mode with 40 screen brightness and with everything else turned off?
    - How is the audio quality?
    - How much photos can you store in 8gb while having 5-6gb of music?
    - Will I have problems with the phone if I get the blue version and put it in my pocket without any protection? Will the color fade away in the corners? or has the problem been fixed?
    I only care about screen, audio quality, camera and battery.
    06-13-2013 01:34 PM
    im interested in one to,just picked up the 8s my first wp and really liking it but wanting a little more power lol. my local bell mobility stop carrying them so i cant find any.
    06-13-2013 01:40 PM
    Kijiji got some, Virgin got the 8S for 150$ new!
    06-13-2013 01:54 PM
    How is the battery life after the update?
    Awesome. I get almost 48 hours on light use with wifi and Bluetooth always turned on, 1 day with heavier use. Ultra-heavy use will drain any phone in a matter of hours of course.
    - How is the camera? How fast does it take to shoot photos? I can't find samples shot in good conditions on the internet.
    Camera is great and good enough for most people for daily use. It is no DSLR however. There is a thread with photos from the 8X. Speed is par.
    - How long will the battery last in airplane mode with 40 screen brightness and with everything else turned off?
    I have not done this test but I would estimate an easy 48+ hours based on my own battery life experience
    Awesome! Incredibly loud and clear phone speaker, great loudspeaker and Beats audio for headphones really makes a difference with music
    Have not tested this, but you could easily estimate with some mathz
    - Will I have problems with the phone if I get the blue version and put it in my pocket without any protection? Will the color fade away in the corners? or has the problem been fixed?
    This is based on friction, so if you want to avoid it get a tight-fitting case. My red 8X started darkening after a month. Adjusting my phone/pocket habits I have arrested the darkening, but I just noticed a small bit on the corner "peeled" recently. Still a great-looking and great-feeling phone!
    Rassva likes this.
    06-13-2013 04:12 PM
    Thanks mate, you've really helped me. The thing with colour means no tight jeans?:( Damn, I am finally fit and can wear any clothes that I want and I can't because of the phone xD. Does the black also peel off?
    06-13-2013 04:18 PM
    Actually I don't think tight jeans are as much the issue since tight jeans would hold the phone in place. I think the main issue is when the phone turns in your pocket slightly putting it at an angle and putting more pressure on corners that stick out. The corner on mine that had a slight peel is the corner that always slides in the pocket first (likely striking the fabric and "running" along it as the phone falls), so I would not "drop" the phone in your pocket, but always place it in gently. Like I said, my corners have stopped going dark (and they did not get very dark), but I did finally get a peel.

I have heard that the black peels too. It's the soft-touch coating that is peeling. All colors are the same color under the coating, but under the coating the phone is glossy like the 920.
    06-13-2013 04:43 PM
    It is definitely a bummer that it darkens/peels, but overall I prefer the phone without a cover because it looks and feels so nice in the hand. If you can stomach that it will not always look perfect, the preferred way to use the phone is au naturale.
    06-13-2013 04:45 PM
    Actually I don't think tight jeans are as much the issue since tight jeans would hold the phone in place. I think the main issue is when the phone turns in your pocket slightly putting it at an angle and putting more pressure on corners that stick out. The corner on mine that had a slight peel is the corner that always slides in the pocket first (likely striking the fabric and "running" along it as the phone falls), so I would not "drop" the phone in your pocket, but always place it in gently. Like I said, my corners have stopped going dark (and they did not get very dark), but I did finally get a peel.

I have heard that the black peels too. It's the soft-touch coating that is peeling. All colors are the same color under the coating, but under the coating the phone is glossy like the 920.
    I've had my black 8X since November. About a month without a case and there was no peeling with my phone in my pocket all the time. I do recommend you get a screen protector, though. The gg2 screen is a little overrated, imo.
    06-13-2013 04:57 PM
    I've had my black 8X since November. About a month without a case and there was no peeling with my phone in my pocket all the time. I do recommend you get a screen protector, though. The gg2 screen is a little overrated, imo.
    I can vouch for this because I see little scratches and have bought my 8X second hand from a buyer who has had it since November as well. It's lasted long and is in tip-top shape :) if u rlly are a music lover like me, the music on this phone is superb! Other than that, nothing rlly stands out imo. Also, I think the screen is strong, very, it's just the coating having to do with the scratches :(. Oh wells. Sleek and sexy device ;)
    06-13-2013 05:34 PM
    The 8X is a great phone and very sexy. Good battery life, great sound and photos, but the screen outdoors sucks. If you use it a lot outside, get an amoled screen. I've had mine about four months and never use a case and always carry it in my pockets. I just noticed the corners starting to wear. It isn't a big deal, but it's going to happen if you don't use a case. And who wants to cover this beautiful phone with a case.
    06-13-2013 05:42 PM
    The phone won't have any problems with a pouch?
    06-14-2013 06:32 AM
    I'll second the audio sound with the 8X. With Beats audio and the amp on the head phone jack it sounds incredible! I had a Lumia 822 and with the same headphones it doesn't compare to my 8X. It also sounds better than my HTC Rezound.
    eric12341 likes this.
    06-14-2013 07:23 PM
    What headphones do you have? Any recommandation? and please don't say Beats....
    06-15-2013 03:36 PM
    I have a set of Nokia Purity hd ear buds. They sound pretty good. The only negative is after the latest beats update they only work about 20 minutes before they make the volume go to zero. My wife has a set of beats ear buds that work fairly well. They don't sound quite as good as the Nokia headset though.
    06-15-2013 05:24 PM
    I got a pair of Monster Mobile Jamz earphones and boy are they booming! Sweeet stuff, but only went for it cuz of the boxing week special. Try sennheiser out. Their headphones are legit at mid price (60$). If you want really good stuff, I'm guessing audiotechnica or sennheiser, but expect it to be over 100$ lool. Always go to the stores to try them out. Especially if u have ur 8X with a really high quality song with good bass and wide range of stuff, plug that baby in and try it ;)
    06-16-2013 07:48 PM
    Westone UM-1 in the ear buds.
    06-18-2013 12:24 AM
    PIONEER SE-M390 or AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-T300 ?
    06-18-2013 08:00 AM
    PIONEER SE-M390 or AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-T300 ?
    Ouff both seem pretty darn good! The ATH-T300 is cheaper on ebay (like much cheaper) but I think the Pioneer might be better. Seems more towards my taste (nice linear bass, crisp sound, etc..), and design is pretty sexy. Audio technica is always amazing though too. Both are pretty good to be honest for that price range you'll be getting bang for the buck
    06-18-2013 08:23 PM
    I own the 8x for 4 months....it looks like on the first days...absolutely no peeling colour although the hands are not always so clean as they should be especially in summer when it is hot...the screen is shiney without any scratches.
    Although I would not use it without any bag...it would be a waste.
    Rassva likes this.
    06-24-2013 05:46 AM
    When I decided on Windows phone (from Webos) I walked into the Verizon store and told them I wanted an 8x. I love the phone. Smooth, fast response. NO PROBLEMS. That was in November 2012. Lately, I have been downloading more music and thus the phone is getting filled (only change I can think I've made over the last couple months). Now, while typing on the keyboard it lost the smoothness. It lags a little bit. Also, on at least two phone calls this week the "hang up" button wouldn't respond. I had to physically reboot the phone in order to get it to hang up. I still love the phone and very happy. Those are the only two issues I've had after 8 months of use.
    06-29-2013 06:46 AM
    Are you sure? Their website shows otherwise.
    Virgin Mobile | Compare No Contract Android-Powered and Feature Phones
    Kijiji got some, Virgin got the 8S for 150$ new!
    06-29-2013 12:52 PM
    Just got my 8X this week.
    -Battery life so far is looking good, and that's with a new battery, which is supposed to drain quicker.
    -Audio quality is better than my previous two Windows Phones, Nokia and Samsung.
    -I'm not sure on the photo capacity, but I am a BIG fan of SkyDrive. If I were you I would store most of my photos on SkyDrive.
    -I have the 'blue' one too. I don't wear tight jeans, and other than work purposes I don't see the reason to wear jeans period...maybe it's just me. If someone is wearing jeans for a tough job, then they should use a Nokia instead.
    -The screen is better than the 920 hands down. The 920 might have a very slight lead in resolution (768 x 1280 vs. 720 x 1280) , that is off-set by the 8X's slightly smaller screen (4.3 vs. 4.5). There's a point or each. The 8X has the advantage with more pixels per inch (342 vs. 332) coupled with, again, a smaller display. The 920 does have better readability in sunlight.

Source: HTC Windows Phone 8X vs. Nokia Lumia 920 - GSMArena.com

Hello there, I'm thinking of buying an 8x but I have some questions:
    - How is the battery life after the update?
    I only care about screen, audio quality, camera and battery.
    06-29-2013 01:14 PM